Will a 80cc engine fit on a 20" lowrider?

Fishcat

Local time
12:54 AM
Hey guys. Long time follower, first time posting :)

I bought a bratz 20 inch lowrider bike for $50. The whole thing is spray painted gold but im going to strip it down n repaint it. Heres a pic of the bike (not the one i bought)
search

Ive seen a few on the forum but my question is will a 80cc engine fit in this frame? I know a 50cc does but if i can fit a 80cc engine i will. I just want to know before i buy one off ebay

Has anyone done this before? Is it a tight fit or do you have to customize the frame to make it fit? Any advice n help would be awesome.

Thanks n ride it like u stole it :)

It should fit I've seen it done!It's a tight fit though! The 50cc and the 66cc are the same size bottom ends just the cylinder is bigger for the 66cc there is no actual 80cc!

Thanks for the tip man. I didnt know about there not being a actual 80cc. Im pretty new to the whole concept but have been riding dh most my life and am quite hands on due to my work so im sure ill be able to fit it if its a snug fit. If only i could see some pictures from memebers with it actually done!!! Last thing i wana do is fork out 200 bucks for something that doesnt fit lol

Thanks for the tip man. I didnt know about there not being a actual 80cc. Im pretty new to the whole concept but have been riding dh most my life and am quite hands on due to my work so im sure ill be able to fit it if its a snug fit. If only i could see some pictures from memebers with it actually done!!! Last thing i wana do is fork out 200 bucks for something that doesnt fit lol
Just a few of them doesn't look like it will be to bad to fit in!

Attachments

• low piped.jpe
    low piped.jpe
    10 KB · Views: 2,366
  • lowrider.jpg
    lowrider.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,374
  • springer lowrider.jpg
    springer lowrider.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2,078
Thanks for the images mate. I know the first pic is a 50cc engine but after extensive research i found a couple with 66cc engines. Cheers for that :) ill be sure to post pics when im done. Stripped it all down last night n gonna remove paint to raw and fix her up

Just my opinion, 20" wheel bikes are best suited for rear rack installation.

A blown head gasket would take half the day to replace on some of those, I warp heads about every 250 miles and prefer to enjoy working on my bike.

If I do a lowrider, I would start with a 24" wheel frame and put 20" wheels on that for a dropped look and comfortable ride.

Last edited:
I get what your saying. I just dont want it to turn into a money pit. I quiet like the bike how it is. I don't really want to go chopping and changing. Looking at a superhawk r80 and 41 tooth sprocket

Back