Will a Briggs billet rod fit on a Lifan 97cc flathead engine?

Otto Neumann

Local time
3:16 AM
Hello folks

Recently I noticed a 97cc flathead engine (Loncin brand, but I guess which it's not different from a Lifan) for just 98 bucks
on Ebay, I do know which there are quite a bit of performance parts for the Briggs & Stratton's flatties, I've been wondering,
since these engines essentially are B&S clones, will a B&S billet rod from ARC fit into this engine?

Prior to perform the ungoverning surgery, it's always better to install a trusted conrod

Hello folks

Recently I noticed a 97cc flathead engine (Loncin brand, but I guess which it's not different from a Lifan) for just 98 bucks
on Ebay, I do know which there are quite a bit of performance parts for the Briggs & Stratton's flatties, I've been wondering,
since these engines essentially are B&S clones, will a B&S billet rod from ARC fit into this engine?

Prior to perform the ungoverning surgery, it's always better to install a trusted conrod
Probaly not, those 97cc engines are based off the honda g100 series engines. (I had one on a bike, ran it ungoverned reached around 6000rpms before the valves floated, but the bike had no power)
I would just go down to HF and pick up a predator 212 for the same amount.

Awww, what a bummer, what do you think about the OHV version?
I recently noted which it will return in stock in early Febbruary.

I do have a fat bike frame which can host engines as large as the Lifan, but I can't get my head past this choice:
For me the 212 is an utopy, it's already hard with a Gx-35, I would have no way to sneak past the cops unnoticed.

I'd love a small engine, not more than the 97cc, it will fit well into my frame, which can host either the HS 142-F, the Lifan 152-F and
the preferable152-FQ2 variant, which is the OHV version, if I recall it's used in the Phatmoto; but I can't get my head past
the models. I made some sketches, and the final thing really looks great with both the engines, but; The 142-F actually can
outperform the Lifan engine, as it can rev faster, it's smaller, lighter, and incredibly reliable; there's a belt transmission and
even a shift kit for it, albeit way too pricy for me to get them in Italy from the USA, I'll have to get to work with AutoCAD and
design some stuff on my own; but on the other side, the heavier and larger Lifan engine can be subjected to minor performance
modifications which cannot be performed on the HS 142-F (At least, upon what I managed to find around, so far I haven't find out
anyone that has made the following modifications on the Huasheng engine) such like head shaving, valve spring swap,
ungoverning and especially swapping the stock carburetor with a PZ-19 with less tuning problems, I read which many people
has met some nasty issues whily trying to slap the NT carb on the Huasheng engine, but I guess which using a different carburetor
than the NT, but in the same size range, can turn around the problem...
After all, we have Dell'Orto down here :3

Awww, what a bummer, what do you think about the OHV version?
I recently noted which it will return in stock in early Febbruary.

I do have a fat bike frame which can host engines as large as the Lifan, but I can't get my head past this choice:
For me the 212 is an utopy, it's already hard with a Gx-35, I would have no way to sneak past the cops unnoticed.

I'd love a small engine, not more than the 97cc, it will fit well into my frame, which can host either the HS 142-F, the Lifan 152-F and
the preferable152-FQ2 variant, which is the OHV version, if I recall it's used in the Phatmoto; but I can't get my head past
the models. I made some sketches, and the final thing really looks great with both the engines, but; The 142-F actually can
outperform the Lifan engine, as it can rev faster, it's smaller, lighter, and incredibly reliable; there's a belt transmission and
even a shift kit for it, albeit way too pricy for me to get them in Italy from the USA, I'll have to get to work with AutoCAD and
design some stuff on my own; but on the other side, the heavier and larger Lifan engine can be subjected to minor performance
modifications which cannot be performed on the HS 142-F (At least, upon what I managed to find around, so far I haven't find out
anyone that has made the following modifications on the Huasheng engine) such like head shaving, valve spring swap,
ungoverning and especially swapping the stock carburetor with a PZ-19 with less tuning problems, I read which many people
has met some nasty issues whily trying to slap the NT carb on the Huasheng engine, but I guess which using a different carburetor
than the NT, but in the same size range, can turn around the problem...
After all, we have Dell'Orto down here :3
i have a ebay copy of 49cc 4 stroke hs142 on my daily.
its very reliable for what it is (costed me around 180$ shipped)
the hs has a govener, its a eletronic (igniton advances once it reaches past 7000 or so)

you could also order right form china, might be cheaper than getting it form the us.

i cant comment on the gx100, i havent had any experience with them.

id get the hs144f form china and call it a day,

also, whats wrong with the gx35? you could get a 50cc pocket bike engine and swap it over (just prepare to have your reibilty go wayy down)
but there fast! (check the clutch bolt pattern, and the id of the clutch bell as well, and fab up a muffler as there loud)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/49CC-2-Str...307595&hash=item1ee24855fe:g:tvUAAOSwo9VbEMCT

https://www.amazon.com/Stroke-Engin...ocphy=9019592&hvtargid=pla-571486582015&psc=1

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

Attachments

• 20191025_140543.jpg
    20191025_140543.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 215
i have a ebay copy of 49cc 4 stroke hs142 on my daily.
its very reliable for what it is (costed me around 180$ shipped)
the hs has a govener, its a eletronic (igniton advances once it reaches past 7000 or so)

you could also order right form china, might be cheaper than getting it form the us.

i cant comment on the gx100, i havent had any experience with them.

id get the hs144f form china and call it a day,

also, whats wrong with the gx35? you could get a 50cc pocket bike engine and swap it over (just prepare to have your reibilty go wayy down)
but there fast! (check the clutch bolt pattern, and the id of the clutch bell as well, and fab up a muffler as there loud)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/49CC-2-Str...307595&hash=item1ee24855fe:g:tvUAAOSwo9VbEMCT

https://www.amazon.com/Stroke-Engin...ocphy=9019592&hvtargid=pla-571486582015&psc=1

Oh yeah, I know, smart device, this bad boy doesn't like anarchy: It won't be ungoverned at all.
I don't know many chinese websites where I can get one, I were referring to the SBP 4 stroke shifter kit and the 4G belt drive transmission tho!

There's a difference between the 142-F and the 144-F?
There should be a tiny difference in either the displacement or the output shaft

Ooooh? Swapping my Gx-35?!

The Gx-35 is a **cking missile! I slapped on my bike a 49cc 3:1 transmission block and a 44T sprocket, in order to get the bike moving under the tiny 35's influence I must shift through 3 gears by pedalling first, but once on speed, it cruises at constant 24mph with 50% nailed throttle, I and I can guarantee you that:

My throttle cable, before swapping it out, were jammy, so the throttle used to stay fixed in position if the twist throttle were setted with care,
I managed to dive for about a mile hands free, without pedalling nor touching the throttle, and honestly I don't know how much fast it goes, worringly fast for a city bike XD

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Oh yeah, I know, smart device, this bad boy doesn't like anarchy: It won't be ungoverned at all.
I don't know many chinese websites where I can get one, I were referring to the SBP 4 stroke shifter kit and the 4G belt drive transmission tho!

There's a difference between the 142-F and the 144-F?
There should be a tiny difference in either the displacement or the output shaft

Ooooh? Swapping my Gx-35?!

The Gx-35 is a **cking missile! I slapped on my bike a 49cc 3:1 transmission block and a 44T sprocket, in order to get the bike moving under the tiny 35's influence I must shift through 3 gears by pedalling first, but once on speed, it cruises at constant 24mph with 50% nailed throttle, I and I can guarantee you that:

My throttle cable, before swapping it out, were jammy, so the throttle used to stay fixed in position if the twist throttle were setted with care,
I managed to dive for about a mile hands free, without pedalling nor touching the throttle, and honestly I don't know how much fast it goes, worringly fast for a city bike XD
The 144f is 53cc and the 142 is 49, not big difference, and that gx35 sounds like a ton of fun! If you go on eBay, there are TONS if Chinese venders that offer free shipping

Back