Will a Briggs billet rod fit on a Lifan 97cc flathead engine?

The 144f is 53cc and the 142 is 49, not big difference, and that gx35 sounds like a ton of fun! If you go on eBay, there are TONS if Chinese venders that offer free shipping

Good to know! I can find only bulk suppliers, that's the main problem.

Time to show my Mo.Fa: Svitolina.

It's nicknamed like that because, due to my chain problems, it runs on Svitol, which is a local WD-40 type lubricant xD

Good to know! I can find only bulk suppliers, that's the main problem.

Time to show my Mo.Fa: Svitolina.

It's nicknamed like that because, due to my chain problems, it runs on Svitol, which is a local WD-40 type lubricant xD

View attachment 92377
Ok, i have to ask, how did you mount it?? I have a old techumseh motor with side mounts only, ill need to "borrow" your idea ;)

Ok, i have to ask, how did you mount it?? I have a old techumseh motor with side mounts only, ill need to "borrow" your idea ;)

I made an L shaped plate on which the engine mounts on, the plate is hooked onto the bike through two clamps, the plate is sandwiched between the engine and the transmission, so that with just 4 bolts I can remove the transmission and the engine for a practical maintenance, and since every gardening engine shares the same tool docking port, in just 6 minutes I can unbolt the Gx-35 and slap a 50cc 2 stroke engine on it.

I do tell you which once I lost the engine by the road, the chain's vibrations caused the nuts to loosen up and after a short while I began to feel an odd sensation on my leg, and I found my engine laying on my leg, later, when I tried to fix the nuts, it fell on my hands, so yes, I lost my engine by the roadside C:

I made an L shaped plate on which the engine mounts on, the plate is hooked onto the bike through two clamps, the plate is sandwiched between the engine and the transmission, so that with just 4 bolts I can remove the transmission and the engine for a practical maintenance, and since every gardening engine shares the same tool docking port, in just 6 minutes I can unbolt the Gx-35 and slap a 50cc 2 stroke engine on it.

I do tell you which once I lost the engine by the road, the chain's vibrations caused the nuts to loosen up and after a short while I began to feel an odd sensation on my leg, and I found my engine laying on my leg, later, when I tried to fix the nuts, it fell on my hands, so yes, I lost my engine by the roadside C:
Yea ive had that a few times (mini bikes engine bolts came loose, ended up swishing the engines tank with my feet to get home lol)
Ill have to try out the l bracket idea, ill probably can up a engine plate and get some 1/4in stuff from lowes. Probably make it belt drive because why not!

Yea ive had that a few times (mini bikes engine bolts came loose, ended up swishing the engines tank with my feet to get home lol)
Ill have to try out the l bracket idea, ill probably can up a engine plate and get some 1/4in stuff from lowes. Probably make it belt drive because why not!

Oh noh, the design it's classified!

I do need to make a new bracket, it's just enough short to prevent me from rising the engine further more and occasionally the pedals used to slam onto it, I turned around it by tilting the engine forward, despite I wanted to keep it parallel to the floor in order to check the oil without taking it off, oh well.

Back