Will a GEBE belt drive kit fit on a mongoose dolomite?

Will'smotobikes19

Well sadly the only "good bikes" are like $300 and up. Actually if you look you can find a lot of main components for a motorized bike build that are pretty good. Japanese and taiwan parts are better than the Chinese.

curtisfox

Only problem would be the pulley that goes on the spoks , might be inset to far, and belt rub on tire..........Curt

LewieBike

Might be a good case for using one of the 3.2:1 ratio X7 pocketbike transmissions, since the output sprocket actually sits inboard of the gearcase.

Will'smotobikes19

I have one of the golden eagle clutches I bought it off a guy on here. Going to try it out and hope I can get alignment right. I was looking at a 26x 2.55 tire for the rear. The only thing I don't like is the motor sitting behind the seat will take up room so turn signals and the brake light will have to be squeezed in somewhere. I figured it would be better behind the seat because of how wide it would be with a clutch and the starter sticking out on each side. It would be way too awkward to pedal. I'm going to use the Mitsubishi 49cc copy I got that motor off a free little chopper. Very few hours on it but it's about as old as the Subaru I got with the GEBE clutch 2008 ish so 10-11 yrs old. Got a fresh carb with a velocity stack and an aftermarket gas tank as well as an NGK plug so should run good. I think I'll run 40:1 with non ethanol. I took a look through the spark plug hole and there's little if any carbon on the piston it just has a tiny bit of light brown.

Will'smotobikes19

Update: someone from golden eagle emailed me and said the tire is too big and the belt would be too small. I am undeterred I will try to either make a new bracket or modify the one I have. It can’t be too hard to bend up some 1/4 inch steel to make a longer mount. I would think longer belts will be available from auto part stores. I don’t know the pitch of the belt or how much longer it will have to be though. I was also looking at smaller tires. Either way I have picked the bike I want to use. Believe it or not the bracket is $60 by itself. For a piece of steel that probably costs a couple bucks to make.

curtisfox

The belt should have #'s on it, can look it up and get the specks, or part store can...........Curt

J

JIMJAM

I will follow this. I asked GEBE about this years ago and got the same reply. seems like a great platform for their kit you think they would modify parts to fit a fat bike. So give her hell make it work and post some pics would love to see it.