Will a GEBE belt drive kit fit on a mongoose dolomite?

The only thing I don't like about the GEBE kit is the position of the motor, although it doesn't affect the regular pedals the motor I will use has a starter so it will really stick out. I have seen someone using a 1 gallon gas can on the other side as a tank but not sure if I want to do that. I want to use fenders too and get a street fighter style headlight or a 4 inch light bar. I don't know if there will be enough room for a rear fender, the motor and clutch and also turn signals/brake light. I thought maybe I can have a permanent rack welded on higher up and have enough room for a fender. If I did get the dolomite I would probably upgrade the spokes and front forks too as well as a larger front disc. The ideal setup for me would be an in frame Honda gxh50 with electric system and phantom bikes style pipe. I also thought it would be far cheaper to adapt a clutch to use the gear for the belt drive setups without buying the full kit. Hey that's an idea get one of the cheaper friction drive brackets kits and attach the belt drive gear onto it.

Yeah I think mongoose makes a 24 inch wheel still 3 inches wide. Don't think they sell them separate though idk. May have to go to the bike shop and see if he can put together some "24" 12 gauge spoked wheels for the 3 inch tires. If it's not too hard perhaps I can find a spokes kit for the mongoose wheels and do it myself.

Last edited:
Other wise i think it will be good, as far as hanging out the engine is centered over the wheel in this kit, as friction drive hang way off to the side, The 76mm clutch shouls fit he Honda..............Curt

The brackets are adjustable i'm pretty sure but I will have to make a part list soon. Might get a street fighter type headlight red beard's garage used one on his street legal minibike build and it looks pretty good. As far as I know they make suspension forks for fat bikes. May as well throw in bigger discs for the disc brakes. The thing I'm worried about is the support bracket that goes up from the tires on the GEBE kit if it will fit or not the tires are 4 inch.

The brackets are adjustable i'm pretty sure but I will have to make a part list soon. Might get a street fighter type headlight red beard's garage used one on his street legal minibike build and it looks pretty good. As far as I know they make suspension forks for fat bikes. May as well throw in bigger discs for the disc brakes. The thing I'm worried about is the support bracket that goes up from the tires on the GEBE kit if it will fit or not the tires are 4 inch.
what do the support brackets look like?? Can you make your own out of a grinder and drill. Perhaps drill holes in the bike and bolt your custom brackets. I wouldn't mind helping you out if you give me measurements and a picture I could make them and send them to you to scale in the mail. Is your bike steel? Then have a friend tack weld onto the frame. Point is don't let if the kit will fit or not ruin your whole project. Carry on and adapt.

https://www.bikeengines.com/shop/lower-mount-strap/ $60 for a piece of steel I could probably make myself. That's what I mean by the kit seems like too much money, $350 without an engine included $699 with an engine. Of course it's probably better steel than from mainland China but still $60 is way too much it should probably be close to $20-$30 in my opinion. There is that bracket and then one that bolts where the brake goes behind the seat area from what I've seen. Probably could get a metal shop to bend up some steel for less money for both parts.

Last edited:
https://www.bikeengines.com/shop/lower-mount-strap/ $60 for a piece of steel I could probably make myself. That's what I mean by the kit seems like too much money, $350 without an engine included $699 with an engine. Of course i'ts probably better steel than from mainland China but still $60 is way too much it should probably be close to $20-$30 in my opinion. There is that bracket and then one that bolts where the brake goes behind the seat area from what I've seen.
If you give me the dimensions and scale, I can make it for you. You just have to cover shipping. Probably be 30 dollars. I have a friend at a construction site who gives me scrap steel.

Not sure what the exact measurements are I'd probably have to call GoldenEagleBikeEngines. If I can arrange to only buy the clutch box, the belt and the sheave I can save some money but from what I saw they don't sell the belt drive clutch separately.

Back