Will a GEBE belt drive kit fit on a mongoose dolomite?

I'd go with the Stanton or Dax friction kit instead.

The GEBE 'add an engine Kit' only works with certain kinds of wheels and bikes You cannot use 4" wide tires, it must be 26" or 24" with nutted axles, and the rear hub should be low flange, and the wheel built with quality stainless steel spokes and be in a 3 cross lacing pattern.

The GEBE 'add an engine Kit' only works with certain kinds of wheels and bikes You cannot use 4" wide tires, it must be 26" or 24" with nutted axles, and the rear hub should be low flange, and the wheel built with quality stainless steel spokes and be in a 3 cross lacing pattern.
Ok thats good to hear the price went from $169 to $220 on the mongoose anyways. With the staton is there a reason why the sprocket on the wheel is so small? it looks tiny compared to sprockets for the HT engines is this because of a gear reduction? I noticed top speed is 28 with a 14 tooth is there a way to get about 30? I have a 49cc 2 stroke that should bolt on.

Last edited:
Ok thats good to hear the price went from $169 to $220 on the mongoose anyways. With the staton is there a reason why the sprocket on the wheel is so small? it looks tiny compared to sprockets for the HT engines is this because of a gear reduction? I noticed top speed is 28 with a 14 tooth is there a way to get about 30? I have a 49cc 2 stroke that should bolt on.

If I'm not mistaken the Stanton basic gearbox is a 16:1 overall reduction The entire combined gear/clutchcase and chain reduction of your base model CG kit engine is 18.1:1, so to equate the CG gearing yould probably want to run a 14 tooth output on the box to a 20 tooth on the hub.

Have you downloaded the gearing calculator from this forum? It works great for figuring out gearing ratios

No I haven't downloaded it yet. The sprocket looks like a regular bike chain freewheel sprocket? would a 18 tooth shimano work? or does it have to be a certain kind of reverse sprocket?

I've not used the Stanton so I can't help you, read their website for what sprockets they recommend, but just understand that the Stanton 16:1 is a little bit taller than your basic CG 18:1 gearing.

It's best to run bigger sprockets when running two of nearly the same size. you'll prematurely wear out two small ones like a 10 tooth driving a 12 tooth or so.

How about 3" tires? Just found another candidate a mongoose Hondo. The support bracket for the GEBE is nearly 6 inches wide. And before you say it I know mongoose isn't the best.

Back