Will a kit fit his bike?

crabdance

Local time
5:54 AM
I found a neat looking bike and I would like to know if the standard HT would fit the frame. It doesn't look too good for me but I don't know that much and would bow to the masters for any help (smile).

here's a link to the bike. It's in my area on Craigs List.;
Jackson TN

I just thought it was a pretty snazzy looking bike but I really don't know much about it.

Any help appreciated.
thanks,
cd

having seen your posts, I would say with your talent at building a 'home-brew' bike, yes you could make it fit right in there.

Stingrays have been very popular with chingens, there are even special kits sold to bolt straight on. I've always thought they were hideous looking little contraptions that came around about the time of OCC choppers which were cool for about 5 minutes. Now the original Stingray? way cool.

Sorry for the soapbox opinion...yes they will work.

You can buy a kit for mounting them at livefast motors at the bottom of the accessories page.
But there is a seller on ebay that used to sell better motor mounts; his kit required drilling holes in the frame though. Also you will need a sprocket adapter; I think the adapter moves the sprocket out from the wheel so the chain can clear some of the body. Also the exhaust might need to be bent but all of those are in the kit at livefast

Thanks for the responses everyone. I really like the bike but don't think my wife is going to go for it. As she reminded me, "you have a brand new bike now". Which is true but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like a cooler ride :)

thanks everyone,
cd

dont buy the kit buy barrys pipe and barrys motor mount on ebay its 105 shipped and you dont need the sprocket adapter

yeah you can get an engine on there. and it's cool. no mater what some people say. that's a good price on one too. Most of them around here go for around $100. Occasionally they get on C- list for less but not often.

Back