Will a Lawn Mower CDI Work on a Motor Bike??????????????????????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

inspectorcritic

Local time
3:22 PM
Most likely thing to bring your bike a complet end is the CDI average waits for an order 1 to 2 weeks if not 3 from Shanghia China, order 1 from Bikberry 4 day wait put it on it was a def***tive piece of s**t now send it back turn around time going be 2 weeks and more money for postage addition 7 to 10 dollars makes it a month being without transportation only things local is going to be a lawnmower repair or maybe if some other small engine might be had they run off of magnetos too its best to pre order have one on hand pre testest either on bkie or ohm meter. Any one tried it? (ps sorry for the character my RCA tablet 1 year gurantted just expired bought on Black Friday it difficult to control wont delete).

No it's unlikely, specifically I have this knowledge because in my efforts to work on small engines and to try making dynamos and even repair an atv. The cdi is vastly different and has a sensor that picks up a timing magnet on the flywheel. Also note that most lawnmower motors are 4 strokes and, as far as I noticed, have different set ups for the way a cdi will work,mainly the cdi and the sensor, and the magneto pickup are all one big unit.

I suggest buying a quality item from somebody like jaguar or sick bike parts. I've used mine for a year roughly and no operational problems.

I'm on my fourth CDI and fourth magneto still not running got gas spark is eratic.

Don't trust Bikeberry for information, they're not the most knowledgeable people. The most important thing you can learn about these motors is this; ask 1,000,000 questions, do hours of research when in doubt, and don't do anything until you understand what you're doing completely.

You don't need to be an engineer to build and modify these little motors but you do need to make sure you understand what's happening and why because they can be finicky and require a good amount of tinkering to get working perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back