will a MB run after an EMP strike?

EMPeror Buchanan.... ruler of all that's left on Earth (carry on)

Attachments

• -1309316464.jpg
    -1309316464.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 127
Except that even an old carbureted truck has an Ignition Coil which would no longer be a viable source of spark. Movie was wrong. Now, by contrast, a pure old school diesel engine in a truck would still run, if it could be bump started. No electronics. (Or an old steam powered truck.)
You'd have to be within 2 miles of the blast zone for late model tech to fail and trust the last thing you'd be worring about at that point is your bike,you will need some serious medical attention!Any way outside that old school wound coils,tubes,wires are are still fine and reusable older radios and stuff will all be fine.Overhead with the intent of continental coverage say from terrorist attack is different again the epicenter can produce 30-50k volts and radiates outward in the gamma waves lossing intensity as travels and mixes with atmosphere,this type of attack would take out comunications and power grids,computer networks and the such but again our wound coils would be untouched and working fine.

Except that even an old carbureted truck has an Ignition Coil which would no longer be a viable source of spark. Movie was wrong. Now, by contrast, a pure old school diesel engine in a truck would still run, if it could be bump started. No electronics. (Or an old steam powered truck.)
Yes and no... Computerized units are highly susceptible to damage even in an off state, the micro components are easily burned out by the surge created by the emp as the magnetic field passes over the circuitry. Meanwhile the solid state objects like an ignition coil and the charge circuitry wouldn't be as prone to damage unless they were running at the time of the blast.

Remember emp is a form of overwhelming the supported range of an electronic circuit, if the changes in the field are great enough and the antenna (wires or any trace in a circuit) is large enough to generate a surge into sensitive enough components then they will fry. I'd think a lot of older vehicles may actually fair well, in fact some of the things I've read make mention that most of the parts inside of a car would be fine, however the computerized parts (like THE computer, which runs virtually everything worth mentioning, even the timing in newer vehicles) once burnt more or less disable the vehicle until the computerized parts are replaced. You should still be able to turn on the lights, probably turn signals (not on a charger or other nicer vehicle with those digitalized turn signals,) and possibly trying to actually start the vehicle by running the starter, however without the fuel injection functioning it won't actually run, but the starter should still turn the motor over.

Our new van is a 2016 gmc, it has a digital starter system too, I noticed that it didn't 'feel' like the starter was operating with the turn of the key, out of curiousity I just clicked the key to start very quickly and released, the starter stayed engaged well after the release of the key until the motor was running. It also will not let you run the starter while the engine is running, you can push the key into the start position all you'd like and it will not do it because the computer disallows it. I'd reckon that that type of van would be completely ruined by an emp, there's probably nothing left on it that is analog.

Isn't freedom wonderful when folks can basically do what they want. It would be a boring world if everyone was the same. Personally I think anything over 40mph on a bicycle is dangerous and not wise at all, that's just me. Kinda like wearing a helmet or not issue.

Supposedly a well placed nuke explosion over the CONUS would make the USA go dark. Interesting reading if you search it. Just 1 nuke is all it takes. Only consolation prize is we can do it to them also.

if you're riding at that time, I think our bikes will stall, but probably start right back up.:)

OK kids back on topic. Supposedly a well placed nuke explosion over the CONUS would make the USA go dark. Interesting reading if you search it. Just 1 nuke is all it takes. Only consolation prize is we can do it to them also.
Yes, J. J., it's important to realize that "we" can do it to "them". It doesn't matter that the entire world would be in a huge state of desolation and ruin. The Main Thing would be that "we" could get the sweet revenge on "them". Very Deep, very very goddam thoughtful and that will help the situation, huh?

Back