Will huasheng problems pop up right away?

Yellow Perch

Local time
3:51 AM
I want to get a huasheng 49cc. I most positively CANNOT afford a ez gear box. I realize that they are the best choice but not now. I realized with EBay I can get a kit for 200$ with free shipping and a 60 day return and since its eBay I won’t have to worry about dealing with shady companies. The kit in question has 100% customer satisfaction and the dealer has good feedback as well. It ships from the U.S. (yes I know it’s made in China). My question is if the engine was going to give me problems, or if the gearbox was going to crap out, would it happen within the 60 days so I could return? I have heard of people getting many many miles on there and I have heard of the boxes breaking at just a few miles. This would be a fun winter project for me to put together and I get that I would have to do maintenance, (carb clean, oil change, regrease/oil gearbox, etc) but if these kinds of gearboxes are really that crappy, perhaps I need a different hobby because currently I cannot afford the ezm. I would have no issue regreasing the gearbox every couple of trips if that would prolong its life. I will link the particular kit I am referencing. Please do not tell me to buy the ezm, I get that its the best but I can not afford that much. My main question is whether the issues would show up right away, or take months to appear. I plan on moderate use (a couple trips a week) just for fun.)

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That looks ok some people have rode bikes with this setup for multiple years. All I know is there’s a belt between the shaft and the sprocket and there’s a little tool like a spanner wrench to tighten it. Also I’d use blue loctite on the transmission screws. Also the clutch bell might be crappy staton has a good quality clutch bell I think.

That looks ok some people have rode bikes with this setup for multiple years. All I know is there’s a belt between the shaft and the sprocket and there’s a little tool like a spanner wrench to tighten it. Also I’d use blue loctite on the transmission screws. Also the clutch bell might be crappy staton has a good quality clutch bell I think.

So it is a belt drive? Is it a good belt drive that you would recommend buying ? if it was bad I could return in 60 days, if it was going to give me trouble, would it happen in those 60 days?
Lastly, am I gettting an ok price? If it really would last me a couple years, (my dad taught me to be really really picky about maintanance) it seems that would be a good deal. If it lasts 4 years with moderate usage, that’s only 50$/year

If you change the oil a lot the engine itself can last for years. It gets way more oil than a 2 stroke gets because the oil bath lubrication. Yes it’s a belt drive under that plastic cover there’s a belt. I’d guess you’d go several hundred if not 1,000 miles before the transmission goes bad but sometimes they’re junk out of the box.

If you change the oil a lot the engine itself can last for years. It gets way more oil than a 2 stroke gets because the oil bath lubrication. Yes it’s a belt drive under that plastic cover there’s a belt. I’d guess you’d go several hundred if not 1,000 miles before the transmission goes bad but sometimes they’re junk out of the box.
No problem with changing the oil. But is there no way to make the trans last longer?

Until the belt wears out not really lube the chain to the back wheel though.
Thank you for answering so many of my questions, I just have a couple more if you wouldn’t mind me asking. Would I know right away if I had a bad one? Also am I buying the correct one/getting an ok deal? I would be spending about 200$ of my hard earned money so I want to make a good choice, especially when it’s chinese parts

Back