Will it fit? 48cc frame mount to a Walmart Hyper Havoc?

I found an already built motored bike on craigslist and went with it. I got it for $280.
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/4548849960.html

Anyone have any thoughts? While he demonstrated it, he accidentally snapped the petcock (the threaded bit is in the tank, and I'm going to get a removal tool/toolkit/stuff from walmart.)

From what he said, it sounds like this was built by ThatsDax.

It was putting along quite nicely, good kick to it, until he broke it. The tank emptied onto his pants and he thought he'd flooded it before realizing what happened. So it goes... so I get to replace the fuel line today. Whee. I tried jury rigging a temporary hose. I'll report back on how it works. Off to the gas station to fuel up.

It works... beautifully. I just had so much fun. I had the throttle choked too low (high?) and it was dying without giving me any power. When flipped the throttle all the rest of the way, vrooooooom. Someone yelled that they were trying to sleep, but I did not care :p

Since my car is totalled, this will be my primary form of transportation. I'll need new brakes, as these ones squeak. I'll also get some slime/noflat tires, and switch out the sprocket (the current sprocket is a 42 tooth, the new one is 59, or some such. I have quite a few dips and hills, so I'll want good torque.

I've ridden a motorcycle before. This is similar, but different. A little less intimidating, very exhilirating.

let sleeping dogs lie... but then, if you only blipped it a few times and someone started whinging...sucker! thats what ya get for living in the burbs! for youre own sake, be considerate. but, if its 2 pm, tell them to shutup, the snoring is upsetting your budgie or something :giggle:
not many fs frames at all for motorising. GT LTS is the main suspect. some cannondale thing ive seen. a proflex. im sure theres others, but they arent easy cheap or common...

Rough guidelines courtesy of BBR before asking "will it fit":
FrameSize.jpg

You can make almost anything fit with enough determination, but for a basic guideline this should help.

Back