Will it FIT!!!!!!!?????????

J

jwibbity

i was wondering if anybody tried to put these on a road bike with straight handle bars.......would there be problems with clearance or something like that???

like this
191_road_bike_1.jpg

It should fit no problem. These engines are designed to mount in a diamond frame like that...Kelly

I would be a little worried to put it on a frame like that because it seems a road bike would be pretty light and fragile. A motor might really screw it up...

I've also thought about using a road frame. I bet a good old steel frame could potentially be stronger than a new cheap aluminum. I think using the drop bars could be really cool too, with a trigger-style throttle.

but...the tight turning-radius on such a high bike is gonna be a real "thrill" to keep upright at speed...just my experienced opinion, my mtb is really tall and that's the hardest part of truly enjoying the ride, the wide bars help a lot 8)

There is a guy on MK that put over 1000 miles on a Schwinn Varsity. The Chinese bikes that these are setup for is alot like a English 3-speed frame...Kelly

would you be able to have a higher top speed because of the thin tires and the overall weight of the bike???

certainly, less weight & larger dia. tires will incease top end, which will also increase splat-factor so be real cool when you build it...right & tight, the only way to be 8)

Back