Will It Fit

CrazyDan

With the belt drive tc the left side looks good. I can understand it looking and sounding like a generator/water pump stock. A straight pipe helps with sound. Removing the plastic cover and metal shroud over the fins helps some with the right side looks, but not sure how that works with cooling if hitting a bunch of red lights, plus you'll need to space the pull starter out a tad and the cooling fins will be tearing up pantleg after pantleg If you aren't careful.

DistantWolrld101

With the belt drive tc the left side looks good. I can understand it looking and sounding like a generator/water pump stock. A straight pipe helps with sound. Removing the plastic cover and metal shroud over the fins helps some with the right side looks, but not sure how that works with cooling if hitting a bunch of red lights, plus you'll need to space the pull starter out a tad and the cooling fins will be tearing up pantleg after pantleg If you aren't careful.
i just removed the red plastic shield and painted it green like the color of me bike, and i have some Pipe i been thinking about making a nice bike length exhaust

curtisfox

LOL. Motorcycles don’t have shrouds, or cooling fins, they are only needed for stationary purpose. Also the bigger the pipe the deeper the tone, best is to use stock size, then step up bigger size.......Curt

The_Aleman

Yup, all that sheetmetal around the cylinder on HS49 can be safely removed. It's unnecessary for MB use.

JerboaJohn

LOL. Motorcycles don’t have shrouds, or cooling fins, ...
sure they do. the radiators are behind shrouds, and crotch rockets are almost totally enclosed. heads still have fins on many brands.
you're thinking of naked bobbers and some cruisers on the shroud thing. shrouds direct the air at speed across the engine and are not that useful at a stop, except to keep heat off you. so what do you mean?

curtisfox

BIG Differance between water cooled and air cooled. How about 1900 up to the 50’s or so, before shrouds..........Curt