Will my happy time fit?

Ant27

Local time
8:30 AM
I don't know if this is in the right section, so please move it if necessary.
My "80cc" engine is coming soon and I thought I'd buy a bike from walmart to put it on. I can return it, but until my engine comes, I want to see if you guys think it will fit.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/allReviews.do?product_id=4990073

I have pictures of it. Maybe that will help. Its a powerkingshop kit. Maybe you can judge if it will fit if you've bought one in the past. Thanks a lot you guys, I can't wait until mine finally comes!

Attachments

• 000_3096.jpg
    000_3096.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 178

MotorBicycleRacing

Local time
5:30 AM
Not only will it not fit, that bike has no front brake and a
back coaster brake isn't much better than none

Get a bike with linear pull brakes front and back as most of
your braking is done with the front wheel

s_beaudry

Local time
I have seen that bike in stock at my local Walmart....

Being honest... I made a cardboard cutout of a HT profile and tried a few bikes there...it DID NOT fit this bike, if I can remember, it was about an 1.5" not wide enough for the motor!

Ant27

Local time
Thanks for responses you guys. I returned the old one, and got a better bike with more room for the engine. It has coaster brakes. Should I put my brake calipers on the front wheel or the back one?

Last edited:

Ant27

Local time
I ended up getting a Huffy Cranbrook. It was cheap but still had the size I needed to fit the engine. People please don't put down the bike I know its not the best of the best haha :]
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9207779

From experience you all recommend putting on a set of brakes right? I honestly don't think the coaster brakes are the safest way to go. :LOL:

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Local time
7:30 AM
Don't let "elitism" worry you. That Cranbrook is just fine at the price.

Maybe it's not quite as tough as we'd like for this use. But it's adequate and you'll have a cool ride while you save up for a tougher bike.

I'd have a few spare parts on hand and the ability to adjust bearings and such. If you're new at that, don't worry. It's not hard.

And, yes, I'd put a front brake on it.

You'll want to be sure that you don't beat that bike up. Ride easy. But then you wouldn't want to beat up a bike that you spent a bunch of money on, either.

Have fun.