Will the 2-stroke NT speed carb work on the Huasheng 142f?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the NT carb on now at about 100' asl, I've tried Jets from 66 to 75 with no luck. There might be a little more top end, but gas mileage and overall performance is less than stock carb so soon as I get some gaskets the NT is coming off.
Until you start getting close to proper jetting you won't feel any improvement. I'm at just over a mile high and using a 78. You might want to try a 80 or 82 before you give up.

Personally, I see the NT on a 4-stroke as nothing more than a quick fix until you can get the stock carb on.

Until you start getting close to proper jetting you won't feel any improvement. I'm at just over a mile high and using a 78. You might want to try a 80 or 82 before you give up.
Thanks I just tried the 80# too rich and that's the largest size I have. So soon as the weather cools down I'm putting the stock back on

So soon as the weather cools down..
103F for the first game of the best of 7 games 2017 World Series of Baseball in Dodger Stadium, and the fans that paid upwards of $10K a ticket cried like babies ;-}

For long time Phoenix residents, it's not hot 0until you hit 110F, then it's 'HOT'.

I have used an offset NT in a 4-stroke before.

2_BigRed3L-1280.jpg

2_BigRed3R-1280.jpg

I didn't see any performance improvement and much prefer the stock carb with a nice intake like this.

2_GT2-10G-53-DoneL-1280.jpg

But if it won't fit you can do the offset NT and it runs fine.
Okay, two questions: Where did you get that great rear fender?, and, how does the multispeed shift kit work? I was kind of worried about using a regular bicycle drive chain with a motor. Well, more than two qustions. Sorry. Is that the multispeed drive setup from Grubee, Inc.? Is it available anywhere else for less than $239? Did you drill your offset 4G mounting holes, or use the pre-drilled eight hole tranny? Also, what width and brand tires and/or rims are you running? I am currently running a 5/8" straight shaft engine, 4G 100 tooth T-Belt transmission, with the long "fancy" "poo poo" mufler. I just "love" that name, but it sounds great! I need to check my jetting, since I changed from the stock muffler, to maybe get rid of the little bog when opening the throttle, but overall, it runs great! Thanks!

Tim

I have an unused 2-stroke NT speed carb lying around, and I'm wondering if will work on the Huasheng 142F? My research leads me to think it will -- after all, it's just mixing fuel and air -- but because I have limited mechanical knowledge, I thought I'd ask. If it will work, will it perform better than the stock Huasheng 142F carburetor?

Ya, I bought a manifold and hooked up the NT carb. It ran okay but gas mileage is bad I ended up putting the stock carb back on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back