• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

Will the GEBE system handle this?

T

Torques

Please tell me your opinion of using the Tanaka TC-47R with the Golden Eagle system. I would use the 13 tooth with it. The spokes on my Kustom Kruiser Roadster are 10 guage I believe. They are very thick. Are these motors really loud or are they comparable to a Robin Subarua EHO 35 at cruise. Thanks in advance for the help.

K

kerf

I don't know much but I'll share what I can.

GEBE, don't know.

47R, when I was looking into another motor, David Staton warned me that the 47R and the R460 were "headache loud". I bought the R460 anyway and he was right. I've managed to get it to an acceptable noise level and love the power.

T

Torques

Do you mean loud at full throttle acceleration and just cruising both? How did you quieten it down?

K

kerf

Calculated speed, with a 21.43 / 1 final drive is 40.1 @ 11,100 RPM although speedo was reading 45. Scary thing was just how fast it got there and it wasn't topping out when I got off the throttle. Probably would accelerate to destruction if I let it but I just run 30 and less, save the motor. Climbs hills that would choke the TLE43.

T

Torques

How can I figure out my theoretical speed using my Gebe system? I have a 13 tooth on the small gear and the standard gear ring on the back wheel.

K

kerf

=(((Engine RPM * (Engine Sprocket Dia./ Drive Ring Diameter))*(Tire Dia*3.1459))/1056)

Sub values for written destinations, pop into Excel as written, bam.

Last edited by a moderator: