Will the GEBE system handle this?

Diaphragm carb, mount it "Any way you want it, thats way you need it, any way you want it". Sorry, been on UTube again reliving younger days, sigh.

Gotcha Ya

Very good. Plain cabin fever for me...can't wait for Tool Time at the sanitarium! I'll dyno my bike...

A few years ago I interviewed the Tanaka rep for an internet magazine. I'm not sure if it's acceptable to post the link to that article/site, so if you want to read, pm me and I'll send you the link. Tanaka is one of the oldest engine manufacturers in Japan, and is of the Highest quality standards, they were also the first to meet C.A.R.B. emission standards... Their original bike motor kits (Sears free spirit, Tas Spitz, Bike-Bug, and Little Devil brand names) are still plentiful and a high percentage are still running today.
Rif

Both were loud. The fix was build another muffler to connect to the stock muffler.

See "More on quite" in this section.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3821&d=1199892399
Wow... that's a pretty sweet lookin' muffler. Does it actually dampen the sound. My friend has that same engine on a Go-Ped Riot but it's sooo incredibly loud!! Pretty sweet how you could still easily pull that black, rubber hose thingy off and get performance if you dared to be crazy.

It does drop the noise level a great deal, from what I would call quiet at low load (level cruse) to manageable at high load (hill climbing @ WOT). As to performance, I can't tell any difference since adding the muffler, the bike will still accelerate from 20 to 40 in less than 200 feet.

Back