Will there ever be a way to stop my rear tire from burning up when I start?

Granite80

Local time
12:49 PM
I’ve only put a few miles on my new build, gone through 1 tank of gas. And I’m already getting skid marks on my rear tire. As I’m riding right besides a neighborhood (I know right! Hard to believe!) and I haven’t found a way to start without the tire skidding. I put all my weight on the back when starting and that hasn’t proved to be an effective way either.. I’ve been considering a pull start, however my left crank won’t make it. 2 centimeters of clearance from the cover as of right now. And I am not going to work my ass off and spend a bunch of money on new cranks,.. so, the question remains, is there any other ways to start it? That are reasonably easy to do? Instead of it being hard? Thanks to who reply!

Hold the rear of the bike up by the seat Then kick the pedal with your foot. A good tuned bike should start with one or two kicks.
If ya cant kick start it because it's hard to turn over. Ya should look for why it's hard to turn over
I never can because I’m too weak! (I think)

Ive tried that in 1st gear. It always turns over a few turns, then stops. It’s hard, but not abnormal.

I've heard starting the bike with a drill will eventually break the nut off
It's kinda hard to carry a drill with ya everywhere ya go too

IDK myself I've never tried it. But it dose sound like an easy way to start your bike

Pull starters have never worked for anyone. Everything about them breaks and they're not really a good design.

A portable drill can start your bike though.

First you need a drill to socket adapter, a sized metric socket for the magneto, 14mm I think, then modifying the magneto cover with a hole and a sliding cover. Clutch is pulled, cover is slid open, insert drill and start up.
That’ll rip your drill out of your hand if your not careful! It’d be cool if the made a freewheel adapter or something..

And it’s hard to hold the seat as well! A smaller sprocket would make for easy starting however not practical in my situation.. my stock 44 tooth is nice of both worlds.. maybe a 48 would be nice..

I never can because I’m too weak! (I think)

Ive tried that in 1st gear. It always turns over a few turns, then stops. It’s hard, but not abnormal.
There is always a center double leged kickstand. Put center kickstand down then kick the pedals.
That's how I start my Whizzer M/B I kick start it while it's on the center stand.
The only reason I said to hold it by the seat is because a 2 stroke don't weigh much
My Whizzer weighs 150 lbs

My kickstand is loose. And I don’t have the abnormally huge all on wrench to tighten..

I saw LA hover start it by just literally spinning the tire with his hands! Although he does have a 32 tooth..

Back