Will these engines fit on a banana-seat bike?

S

Stratocaster

I posted this yesterday, but for some reason the post disappeared, so I'll ask you guys again:

The frames on those 70's styled banana-seat bikes seem similar to the old cruiser-style bicycles. Will these "super happy-fun go-fast pronto" engines fit on one of them? I don't mean the modern "low rider" kind with all the funky silver on them, or those other bikes with the tiny front wheel - I mean the standard banana-seated bikes we had when we were kids.

If you're talking about one with 20" wheels, not likely. A frame with 26" will probably work.

Moth

it didn't disappear, it was moved into:

Gasoline Engines, Electric Motors, Bicycles, Parts, & Accessories
What works, what doesn't, and where to buy. Reviews & Guidance from our members.

just like this one.

Here are a couple more that I found, so it looks possible, but why would you want to? This looks like a ticket from the popo fo' sho'! Hope this helps.

2009_traffic_motorizedbike_1.jpg

2009_Banana_seat_bike_1.jpg

ebay item

That ebay bike claims it goes 35mp/h. I have the same engine but a size up (the 80cc skyhawk) on a mountian bike and mine can only get a max of 25mph. (although i do weight 90kgs)

are they full of s**t? or should i do somethign with my setup?

sorry, but no way that ebay bike does 35mph...20" wheel, 44 tooth sprocket? again, no way...imo, of course.

Back