Will this bike work?

well I'm not supposed to sell you my stuff on here but I would advise more research other than price.PM if you want some help

Go with your original bike idea & research here how to securely mount the engine.If your not towing anything get the 49cc;bigger isn't always better.

Which 40cc kit and engine did you say will do circles around the 80's....I just built an 80cc and I have to say its very sluggish and slow from what I expected. I have 3 Goped scooters with a 42 cc engine from Zenoah and those are hitting 35 mpg and acceleration is awesome.

So, when I saw an 80cc, I thougth wow, I can't wait, but the truth is the motor is slow....so what other motor did you say can do circles around the 80cc?

What speeds are you getting on your 80cc? I was hoping for 35-40 mph with my bike...

I have my starfire 49cc and smokes my pk 80 all tho my 80 is nice on hills I can get 30-35 on my 49cc but I run a 48T on her and my pk 80 runs a 44T if you were to run a 44 or a 36 on my 49 it would easily go 40+ but hills wouldn't be much fun not that its a problem but it does bog a bit not to mention I'm a big fella 220+ on an old steel bike :whistle:..But I love and ride daily my stage 2 grubee 4stroke my 2's are just for beer runs or playing don't really ridem much since I got that beast dialed in.But that's a whole other story.

Looks like the bike would work size wise but I think the only draw back is it looks like a coaster brake.

So, everyone agrees that coaster brakes are not desired for these kits right? I actually replaced the back rim on a cruiser with a free wheel sprocket and mounted hand brakes instead......so, even if you do get a cruiser, just change out the rear rim and go freewheel.....

The 80cc is only 70cc. I am impressed with my Gru Bee. It starts and runs well although the straight-cut reduction gears are noisy. I have greased them and put corrugated cardboard in to deaden the racket but still sounds like ****. My next move is to see if it will hold Hypoid oil and not ruin the clutch. The mounting problem you will face is the half-circles that straddle the frame are intended for 1 to 1.17" frames. I hada a heck of a time fitting mine to a Schwinn cruiser frame. The rear Komet brake was larger than the sprocket hole so I used a 12" metal lathe to enlarge it. In my case, with the curved downtube, I had to mill a 1/2" aluminum block to space the rear clamp. I still ended up with an engine that that sat too low for a regular sprocket and had to go to a small girl's sprocket. This was ok for starting power, but wouldn't want to peddle home. The crank was too narrow so had to fit the crank out of a Huffy Cranbrook to clear the cases. The fuel screen in the tank is too restrictive and if not careful you could fry the engine with a lean wide-open run. It needs an inline filter and the screen removed from the valve. Try to find a decent kill button or toggle. be sure to blip the throttle on coast to oil the piston etc. I intend to have mine cryo treated for longer life. KW

Back