Will this engine fit?

STNY

Local time
8:59 AM
Hello,
I am new to building motorized bikes, but i am planning on putting a 49cc engine into a kent bayside 26”. I know most dont approve of walmart bikes but i got a really good deal on the bicycle and i really like the fact that its a freewheel hub with 7 speeds, not to mention i like how the bike looks (only $80 off facebook marketplace!) however the few posts and videos ive seen have given mixed reviews on if a 49cc 4 stroke will even fit inside the frame of this bike. So with that being said has anyone out there tried this combination and if so what brand engine kit did you use? The ones im looking at are chonda or huasheng from amazon and the flying horse kit from bikeberry to name a few. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kent-26-In-Bayside-Men-s-Cruiser-Bike-Satin-Cocoa/533940582 this is the bike in question for clarification

Provide a little more information about the kit you plan to use. This'll give us a better idea of problems you may encounter and the solutions for them. Be aware the Bayside is an aluminum frame.

If you just have an engine; you'll have to remove the gas tank to make it fit.

Hello,
I am new to building motorized bikes, but i am planning on putting a 49cc engine into a kent bayside 26”. I know most dont approve of walmart bikes but i got a really good deal on the bicycle and i really like the fact that its a freewheel hub with 7 speeds, not to mention i like how the bike looks (only $80 off facebook marketplace!) however the few posts and videos ive seen have given mixed reviews on if a 49cc 4 stroke will even fit inside the frame of this bike. So with that being said has anyone out there tried this combination and if so what brand engine kit did you use? The ones im looking at are chonda or huasheng from amazon and the flying horse kit from bikeberry to name a few. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kent-26-In-Bayside-Men-s-Cruiser-Bike-Satin-Cocoa/533940582 this is the bike in question for clarification
@DieselTech did a 4t on a bike maybe he'll show up and post a picture for you.

Hello,

It should fit.

20210918_153341.jpg

bikeberry video has measurement you can use to make a cardboard template for engine to frame fitment.
I made the cardboard template and took it to walmart before buying my beach cruiser.
I did have to tilt the carb slightly to use an NT carb, the stock huasheng carb should work fine.
here.

I just built a 4-stroke with an amazon 53cc, on a Kent Bayside.
I basically had to cut the front piece of the heavy duty mount in half and cut the top off the vertical choke stem and mount a side lever on it, to not only get it inside the frame, but sitting level. Also, I've heard ppl say more than once that the Bayside is an aluminium frame, but mine says it's steel, and so does the walmart sales page.
Would I do it again? Probably not. From what I've heard, if I build a 79cc 4-stroke, I'm thinking of using either a huffy Cranbrook or a hyper cruiser. Anyway, good luck; I'm basically a newb, but these guys here have a lot of knowledge and I'd listen.

Attachments

• Bayside 4-Stroke.jpg
    Bayside 4-Stroke.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 60
  • walmart specs.jpg
    walmart specs.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 62
Back