Will this motor fit a FD kit? (common pocketbike engine)

Not many in these forums have had any luck w/those motors lasting any time at all. Dax use to offer them but had way too many returns about quality so he quit selling them if I remember correctly. Even the el cheapo vendors quit selling them, what does that tell you and they don't give a sh*t.
Thats becuase they require 32:1 mix PERIOD. My buddy has a couple and they ran for years on 32:1.
Also, you have to gear these engine really low as they produce a lot more power higher up (if you ever seen a video of them, those clutches engage super high up for that reason)
Yea there cheap, there s**tty, but isnt that what a CG engine is??

These are completly diffrent engines. You have to treat them diffrently (imo)

TJ53E motor I wonder what it’s performance would be.
hmm,,, specs look like they are torquey and go up to 8500rpm. Kaw says they are:
Torque: 3 Nm (2.2127 ft.lb) Power: 2 kW (2.719 hp)
I see Kawi makes a few similar motors (for leaf blowers?)
BUT...!

Like any engine it's all in the maintenance and how it's used,I have one that's over 10 years old and was used to teach my son and now my grand kids how to ride. We call them cag engines and are mostly used in pocket bikes,at 49cc they can make 7-8 hp pretty easy and at 53cc they can make upto 12hp that's usualy l/c though.I've had several of these come through my shop over the years and they have impressed me often when coupled to a good pipe,I had posted a video on here awhile back diong power wheelies on the pocket dirt bike I've had for ever LOL,in the 10+ years I've only changed the piston and cylinder once and just 2 weeks ago my grandson is now learning on it.

The HS is listed in the main description as 71cc then below says 63cc, I dunno which is right. Those are the biggest smokers I could find with at least a known brand name that are plugnplay with our friction drive kits. Staton or Dax. Bet that HS has some rip to it, both really for a bicycle.

It's not 71cc, it's 63cc.

This one is a far better deal and unrestricted. I bought one a while back.

Link

Back