Will this transmission work on my hs engine?

Bad choice. Poor design with short life span. Best to just shell out the money and get something that will last. Try bicycle-engines.com. Make sure you get the correct one for your output shaft type.

great resource I've been looking for the part for over a year I'll just rebuild it since it's still intact I just blew the belt and lost the rear sprocket

you also need to make sure it matches your engine shaft type. oh yeah, and if the belt broke and sprocket fell off just go buy replacements. you will need the sprocket lock clip for the 10T sprocket if u lost it.

I've been rebuilding my 4 stroke bicycle after I damaged my transmission in an accident causing the belt to snap and the 10t sprocket to fall off. I need to buy another transmission but I don't want to fork out 100 dollars, I heard the hs engines are just clones of the Honda 50 and I was wondering if this should technically work.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Transmission...3D132166389076&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460
I don't know about your transmission, but the Huasheng 50cc engine is, in fact, basically a Honda GX50 clone. However, there are some key differences. The Honda is meant only to be a small generator engine, and as such, it has no provision for mounting a centrifugal clutch, if you want to use it with one, you have to spend another $100 on an adapter, while the Huasheng integrates the clutch mount into the block. And, Hondas have centrifugal throttles, Huashengs do not, so the Honda caburetor is jetted leaner, too lean to use for anything without a cetrifugal throttle, the Huasheng is jetted better. The Honda has a centrifugal compression release integrated into the camshaft, the Huasheng doesn't. The compression ratios aren't the same, one has higher compression, since it has a longer connecting rod, and makes more power, but I can't remember which one was which. And the Honda costs 4 times as much (can't forget that part!).
And, there is a third, the Dax "Super Titan" is essentially a Huasheng, but those have an even longer connecting rod, and make more power than either a Honda or Huasheng.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was the Honda that had higher compression, that Huasheng compensated for their lower quality by lowering the compression, which reduced the power somewhat. I think Huashengs are probably made out of recycled beer cans.

Last edited:
Back