Will too much oil ruin a motor?

Carburetors f'd up by ethanol gas is another possibility that can result in lean running.

Once we got etoh in gas, i couldnt keep a weedeater running.

I only use canned fuel in my weedeater and chainsaw now. Unless you use it EVERY day, ethanol is a nightmare in small engine carburetors. I only run ethanol free in my outboards also.

Then....theres too much ethanol. More than 10% will result in higher cyl temps and varnish buildup inside engines. Mercury outboards did extensive testing.....running only 15% etoh killed engines in as little as 300 hrs... ..when 10% has no effect. There was varnish and carbon buildup on rods rings valves, etc. On top of that....etoh blends are poorly controlled and you can easily get much more than 10%. People using test kits have found even 30 or 40% ethanol in their gas before.

the best thing you can do for every engine is stay as far away from ethanol as possible. That E88 at pump is 15% ethanol.

I found one 2 stroke oil that suppresses the ethanol they sell it at Lowes.

6oz to a gallon?
Take it to 4oz and stay with it.
That's 32:1
Will that's what I was running it at for years not too many problems what got in my head to use 6 oz I don't know maybe because they sell it in 6 oz containers don't want to manage 2 oz leftovers.

I just said s**t bucket click on eBay for an entire kit $115.00 plus tax $125.00 but I always jump the gun just thought maybe I got a broken ring that's doing it replacement about $12.00 the motor sounded like it had some broken part in the bottom rattling around like a lost nut or a bolt.
Well, I got 11 days to try to fix it, I'm gonna pull the cylinder off see if it's a ring. If it is I got free return shipping.

Just lookup on the internet for ethanol-free gas found a half dozen stations maybe I'll fill my tanks up there see if it helps heard from a China-man don't use ethanol or high octane gas.

This Walmart Superwreck Oil gave my motors cancer and killed both of them I'm going to Walmart product liability try to get a thousand dollars for each one! Then add to the warning label don't use in
20201121_114653_HDR.jpg
motorize bicycles.

If you run to much oil the rings will never seat properly and you'll never get the right air fuel mixture for it to run and lubricate itself properly.
When I break in my engines I start a 32:1 and ride it hard around the block twice then shut it off and let it cool down, then I do it again and then once more after that and the break in is done. After that first tank of fuel I switch to 40:1 and rejet the carb accordingly. Works perfect everytime.

Back