Window and skirt on piston

Local time
2:43 AM
Just wondering if i should put a window in my piston and cut the skirt to match my exhaust manifold or intake. And in doing that what would i accomplish?

If you have reed valves, then you can put a window. If you don't then it won't do much. If you match the skirt, that would be good. But only the width. It should be so most of the port is open at TDC (When the piston is at top)

No window without a reed. It will not work. Nothing to the piston on the exhaust side other than a ramp at the top to increase blow down time aiding it top speed. Skirting at the intake side is ok. No 1 modification is going to make a huge difference. It is the compiled effect of porting, skirting, head upgrade. adjusted squish gap, improved intake/carburetion, exp. chamber combined that makes you go wow. The pipe being the single most noticeable.

No i just moved the clip down a couple notches seemed to fix the overheating but now it 4 strokes like a mofo .

I difnt want to go through the rejetting process but it looks like thats what im gonna have to do ...i just put on one of those bannana pipes boost my mids and top speed a little bit but i also stripped one of my head bolt threads inside the crankcase so im tryna figure that one out now.

Back