Window piston?

James98189741

Local time
2:12 PM
I got a race engine from California motor bikes and the window was facing exhaust. I emailed them and they said that this is normal. But the engine won't start?

Attachments

• 20230518_183143.jpg
    20230518_183143.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 59
I got a race engine from California motor bikes and the window was facing exhaust. I emailed them and they said that this is normal. But the engine won't start?
It's NOT normal, the windows and ring pins are supposed to face the intake side...This is a rookie mistake of misinformation from CMB...I have warned folks in the past about CMB based on a non response to me a year ago as well as other complaints in the Dealer Review section of the forum.

Take the cylinder jug off the motor and check to see if the ring pin stops are on the same side as the windows, If so, just detach the the piston from the wrist pin and bearing off the top of the crank shaft by removing the 2 G clips holding it in place on each side of the wrist pin and turn it around so the windows and ring pin stops are facing the intake side and put wrist pin and bearing along with the G clips back in place on the end of the crank shaft and reassemble the motor making sure to retorque the head/cylinder jug to 144 inch pounds, (12 foot pounds)...Be careful of the gaskets.

That's what I'm saying the window is not same as pins. So can I just make my own window on opposite side. Or do I order a new windowed piston

That's what I'm saying the window is not same as pins. So can I just make my own window on opposite side. Or do I order a new windowed piston
You will need to order another, It won't work with windows on both sides.

He put the windows on the wrong side of the piston and really owes you a proper piston.

There is nothing wrong with the piston I sent and it will run properly with great performance with the window facing the intake the way it is currently machined. The rings WILL NOT CATCH the ports. Our pistons are made in a different factory from other factories. I ordered James a window piston machined the other way around free of charge so that he can compare and see for himself!

James, if you engine is not starting, it's not the piston, it's something else. Please email me in our current chain of emails and we will troubleshoot and get it running for you for sure!

There is nothing wrong with the piston I sent and it will run properly with great performance with the window facing the intake the way it is currently machined.
Read the OP's post AGAIN...He says the windows are facing the exhaust while the ring pins are facing the intake.

That is just plain WRONG.

Back