Windy riding habits?

Problem is with my bike, it's so light. When the gust get above 20-30 mph, it lifts the bike up and pushes it unless I lean so hard that when its gone I ride off the road. lol. I just slow way the hell down then. I was riding in some 50 mph gust by myself one time. Omg!!! They just came out of no where. Nice sunny day, then suddenly, poof these strong arse winds. The steady 30 I could handle, just lean in. It was the 50-60 mph gust that would lift my bike up, I could feel the suspension raising, and slide me over into oncoming traffic. The old man behind me was blocking the traffic from riding my rear as I was being tossed around like a rag doll.

Yeah, I know what ya mean about leaning into the wind, Windy days ya really gotta slow down.

I don't ride my M/C in the mountains when the weather report says the wind is over 20mph
Because the wind gusts up thru the mountain passes can be over 60mph

Riding thru the mountain twisties a 60mph gust of wind really throws ya off, Literally off the mountain :LOL:

This is our windy season in Southwest Florida. 20 knot winds today with gusts to 30 and i can feel it on Risky's Ride with aluminum frame. It is so much lighter than the new Whizzer and the cross winds were something to contend with at 30 knots while running the bike at 25 mph. Though I have my MC endorsement i don't ride one and have heard that when a semi passes you on the interstate, you better lean in hard or you are swept off the right shoulder of the road.

This is our windy season in Southwest Florida. 20 knot winds today with gusts to 30 and i can feel it on Risky's Ride with aluminum frame. It is so much lighter than the new Whizzer and the cross winds were something to contend with at 30 knots while running the bike at 25 mph. Though I have my MC endorsement i don't ride one and have heard that when a semi passes you on the interstate, you better lean in hard or you are swept off the right shoulder of the road.
They push, then suck you over if you don't watch it.

If your riding your 100 lb Whizzer at 30mph and a semi passes you going 60mph you'll feel the suction and lean away from it.
When the semi passes the suction goes away and it's the force of your lean along with the semis draft that makes ya go off the road
It feels like ya got blown off the road.

But a 500 or 700 lb MC isn't gonna have that problem it's the lighter bikes that have an issue.

It's when the semi is coming at your 600 lb M/C on a 2 lane Hwy, They push alot of wind and throw up alot of crap as they pass
But I'm always ready

Semis don't pass me on the interstate Frwy, I pass them

Back