Winter project almost done

A Noobs first major undertaking. This started last autumn, this is a Cranbrook with GT6 with forced air velocity intake(scoop), high performance CD I coil, boost bottle, Voodoo exhaust, custom layback seat post, dual gas tank, 12 volt battery box with GY6 rectifier / regulator to power led headlight high/low beam,fog lights, tail light/ brake light, turn signals lighted gauges/ speedometer/ voltage meter, ground effects, it's been fun but time to wrap it up, I've went through the threads trying to figure out the best way to hook up the voltage regulator and lights ,if anyone has advice I could really utilize it and appreciate it.
IMG_20160306_194219.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160311_163613.jpg
    IMG_20160311_163613.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20160311_164011.jpg
    IMG_20160311_164011.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 211
I'm afraid I don't know how to hook up the regulator. I would assume that it is wired between the white wire and battery. I dig the air scoop.

I'm afraid I don't know how to hook up the regulator. I would assume that it is wired between the white wire and battery. I dig the air scoop.
A Noobs first major undertaking. This started last autumn, this is a Cranbrook with GT6 with forced air velocity intake(scoop), high performance CD I coil, boost bottle, Voodoo exhaust, custom layback seat post, dual gas tank, 12 volt battery box with GY6 rectifier / regulator to power led headlight high/low beam,fog lights, tail light/ brake light, turn signals lighted gauges/ speedometer/ voltage meter, ground effects, it's been fun but time to wrap it up, I've went through the threads trying to figure out the best way to hook up the voltage regulator and lights ,if anyone has advice I could really utilize it and appreciate it. View attachment 71316

I'm quite pleased with that scoop, it is 4 1/2" at the opening and reduces to 2" at the bottom, there is a blue LED light inside as well as a loop of steel to keep the air entering to follow a half circle pattern, the air filter is still at the opening of the carb, this is still untested but I feel it can only be positive, it was a bit of a tight fit, I am considering making a rectangular wire frame , covering it with a layer of black panty hose for looks. I find it odd that I don't see much by the way of forced air intake, I've seen the CNC velocity stack for sale but it seems it would possibly be restricting due to not being forward facing, there's one device on the market that resembles 2 funnels with a piece of garden hose in-between that mount to the carb. I've been thinking about a hydrogen bubbler about the size of a small Mason jar and hooked up the same way as the boost bottle, I have the 12 volts to power it and it might add a bit of a kick to a 2 stroke I suppose a reed intake would make this idea more practical but first things first, I have to complete the wiring and see if it starts.

That is my first ever welding project,I measured the inside of the opening, cut the top of the tank, the front and welded as I went along, cutting and bending as I deemed necessary, the fill neck I ordered from EBay as were the skulls, the petcock was from a kit tank as was the cap, the bottom was the last to be welded in place, I then poured in gas tank sealer and a couple rare earth magnets for an added measure to prevent any debris from reaching the filter in the future, the tank was a tight fit and actually had to be pounded in place with a wood block to protect the tank. I hope I answered your question.

Nice work. What type of welding - Oxy - Stick - MIG,or TIG?
You certainly didn't choose an easy job if it's your first welding project. If you're anything like me, your welder will pay for itself many times over.
I'm in the process of building tins (an accessory box for all the electrics) for my bike. When I'm done, I'll post some pictures.

IMG_20160315_125133.jpg
On this bike I also welded a battery box, designed and welded an intake scoop , a dashboard for the speedometer and voltage gauge and light switches( I'll post pics soon) and soldered two fenders together to make the rear. I'm using a 90 mig from harbor freight bought used so it's already paid for itself many times. I want to buy a tig, it looks so much cleaner. I look forward to seeing your tins. My next project is to use a Huffy 700c with the skirted rear fender to make a themed bike The Red Baron, I have it started but on hold, with that one I'll have a chance to show off my airbrushing .My art can be seen at davidbogle.com

I checked out your website David. - Wow - we're in the company of a very talented guy people. - Your stained glass experience interested me. I too used to be in the stained glass field, having owned and operated a stained glass studio here in Saskatoon with my wife for a few years. We did very little "painting" though, but rather cut glass, either foiled or leaded. For me, each piece of art glass in itself is a painting.

I checked out your website David. - Wow - we're in the company of a very talented guy people. - Your stained glass experience interested me. I too used to be in the stained glass field, having owned and operated a stained glass studio here in Saskatoon with my wife for a few years. We did very little "painting" though, but rather cut glass, either foiled or leaded. For me, each piece of art glass in itself is a painting.
Thank you, I really enjoyed the stained glass windows,designing, building , everything except for working for someone else, I did all the work they made the money and took the recognition but it was and is satisfying to see my work. I preferred lead technique and restoration, what was your preferences? I got where I could tell Kokomo, Armstrong, spectrum, Chicago art glass ....just by the touch .

Back