Winter Riding in Phoenix,AZ

KCvale

In memory of KCvale 1959 - 2019
Local time
9:03 AM
It's been brutal riding conditions here in Phoenix this winter, the highs were not even to the 70's this week!
I had to dawn sweat pants and a sweater to go for some test rides this week, and even considered putting gloves on!

KCride1-9-2015.jpg

Woo is me hehe ;-}

Sorry guys, just couldn't help but rub in why I endure our summers for this time of year.

Keep bragging Karma and Murphy's gonna come looking for ya!

It's been brutal riding conditions here in Phoenix this winter, the highs were not even to the 70's this week!
I had to dawn sweat pants and a sweater to go for some test rides this week, and even considered putting gloves on!

KCride1-9-2015.jpg

Woo is me hehe ;-}

I HATE YOU! Not really just kidding.I was in Tucson last week when they had all the snow.But came back to Okla
& high today 31 degrees.I have a new build that I have only started & waiting to break it in.So you don't think I,m
chomping at the bit, to take it out.

I love AZ in the winter. Fly

Sorry guys, just couldn't help but rub in why I endure our summers for this time of year.

I HATE YOU! Not really just kidding.I was in Tucson last week when they had all the snow.But came back to Okla
& high today 31 degrees.I have a new build that I have only started & waiting to break it in.So you don't think I,m
chomping at the bit, to take it out.

I love AZ in the winter. Fly

I went for a five mile ride yesterday, balmy 19, just had to avoid the streets that were still ice covered. Three miles today, the weather was a little nicer, 34 degrees. Should have the springer done for the BEAST tomorrow. Can't wait to try it in the snow.

i can't wait 'til July to hear KC complain about the heat.
hehe...
The older I get the more I like the extreme heat and less I like the cold, though I never have never liked the cold.
It's not all sunshine and roses though...
First off I have no excuse for not building year round...
And though it's not shoveling snow, I have several hundred lemons to harvest from that tree in the background.
Like I said, Woo is Me ;-}

Really though, I feel for all of you in the snow, I'm just glad I'm not there ;-}

I prefer the cold to the heat, it makes biking interesting sometimes no doubt.I (for fun and testing) went for a ride with it being a big ZERO outside, I'm a car free and you have to be able to do it.One reason I hate summer, you can only take off so many clothes to cool down, I pulled into Gilbert AZ one summer, wow, hell with a Lowes nearby.Four seasons, white flocked everything, and the deafening silences that come with snow-bound conditions are a marvel, to me.

I can see taking a fat tire bike out in the snow and I'm no stranger to snowmobile riding dressed in special suits and boots and such, but glad I don't have to do that every time to make a quick run to a local store ;-}

Central air conditioning everywhere and swimming pools tend to take the edge off of summer, but I have some great barbs for the heat in Phoenix in the summer.
For example:

The Best parking spot anywhere has nothing to with walking distance, it is the best shade spot.
Keep oven mitts in the car for when you don't find a shady spot to open your door and touch the steering wheel.

Vinyl seats (or bicycle seat and grips) are not your friend, neither is asphalt road paving to your skin.
Avoid both at al times.

Your Cold tap water faucet isn't.

We have a bunch more poking fun at ourselves in peak summer times but it's this time of year we get to express why we endure it.
It is this time of year there is more to do than anywhere in the country.
Barrette Jackson auto action, the Phoenix Open, The Pro Bowl, the Super Bowl, the College Basketball Championship, it's frigg'n crazy.
Why?
Well, where else in the US would you rather host an big event in the winter hehe ;-}

Back