Winter

The main roads around here are actually somewhat dry, I seen two scooters and a few fat tire e-bikes out riding this afternoon, the cabin-fever is getting to everyone. A motorized bike with a lightweight cargo side-car, might be the way to go on snowy roads, especially if you could get power to both rear wheels like the Urals.

Attachments

• Ural.jpeg
    Ural.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 109
A heat wave, got to 33F, learning to ride pretty good the hard pack snow, if I had 3 in. aggressive MTB tires, it would be easy. Aired down to about 20 lbs on the cruiser tires and stayed below about 10 MPH. I will probably definitely build a winter rig for next year, these little motors run great in the cold. My wife thought she was hearing things when I pulled out of the driveway, and snapped a few pics. Definitely would have to gear for slower speeds, the 36T is a little much, still a lot of fun.

Attachments

• RIDE1.jpg
    RIDE1.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 95
  • RIDE2.jpg
    RIDE2.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 89
I never tried these... Could be something to it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220206-145240.png
    Screenshot_20220206-145240.png
    247.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20220206-145534.png
    Screenshot_20220206-145534.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 88
Yeah, they got electric heated socks, pants, shirts, gloves, neck warmers, skull caps. Mostly for snow mobile riders

But the M/C crowd uses the heated gloves or heated hand grips. some even get heated head to toe gear

High end M/C come with a heated seat and hand grips.

IMO if it's that cold out below 32*F ya shouldn't be riding anyways - Says the guy who spent his life in FLA, Hawaii and SoCal :ROFLMAO:

33F with no wind and sun is pretty good, any type of wind or below that is no fun. Snowmobiling used to be really big around here 40-50 years ago, some large parks would even allow machines, it was really fun riding those old 2 strokes. If I build a bike with good traction and stability, I will be out on the trail on some nicer winter days.😁

Back