Wiring diagram for A motorcycle style control box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20180905_120958106.jpg
IMG_20180905_120949784.jpg
IMG_20180905_120958106.jpgIMG_20180905_120949784.jpg

Here it is just got to corral these wires a little and it's done. I mounted the flashers above the battery. Zoom in and you can just see the top behind this rat's nest

Conclusion. I learned a lot like

Keep your wires just long enough.
Cut shrink tube to 1/2 inch ALL of them. Looks better. And get the right diameter.
You can't always get exactly what you want at the store. Especially electrical components.
Plan plan plan. And draw it out BEFORE you start making cut or hole 1.

All in all a great experience and a great way to kill a weekend by yourself in your own personal man cave. There are builders out there better than me. I'm sure of it. But I built this one and I am happy.

What do you think about some custom made farings, kinda jazz it up a bit. Sounds like another great weekend in the man cave to me.

just don't block the air the motor needs to cool

Conclusion. I learned a lot like

Keep your wires just long enough.
Cut shrink tube to 1/2 inch ALL of them. Looks better. And get the right diameter.
You can't always get exactly what you want at the store. Especially electrical components.
Plan plan plan. And draw it out BEFORE you start making cut or hole 1.

All in all a great experience and a great way to kill a weekend by yourself in your own personal man cave. There are builders out there better than me. I'm sure of it. But I built this one and I am happy.

What do you think about some custom made farings, kinda jazz it up a bit. Sounds like another great weekend in the man cave to me.

Thank you for taking the time to spell this all out. Very helpful. That looks very professional as well as functional. You have every right to be proud of a job well done.

Some more in operation.

Future changes would be to the switch. An ahha moment after the fact idea to mount a DPDT rocker switch on the handlebars. Less time with one hand off the bars.

Note the 2 wires coming off the battery in the last pic. Those hook to charging lugs in the lid. I'll add open end blade connectors to the parts list.

Attachments

• IMG_20180905_154754110.jpg
    IMG_20180905_154754110.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20180905_160200079.jpg
    IMG_20180905_160200079.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20180905_154952336.jpg
    IMG_20180905_154952336.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 183
Thank you Tim. Here is a crude but readable diagram in order of appearance.
Upright rectangle= battery
Sideways rectangle = fuse block
Circle = switch
Triangle = flasher
Oval = lights
wiring diagram.jpg

Dont mind the plus sign on the left side. Can't draw for s**t and obviously can't draw in paint either.
Just some notes
The flashers used have 3 prongs positive negative and lamp, as nothing is grounded to frame but to the ground block in the enclosure.

Hopefully this turns out to be one of the simpler projects to do because everything is off the shelf. Didn't plan it that way but ya know simple stuff for simple minds such as mine.

A future tool purchase connector crimper if they make such a thing

Last edited:
I managed 1 flasher only, it's upstream of the R/L switch. when I got them, there was 2, but thought "Oh, well I can have a spare, why should each side have it's own"
other than isolating each side,, what's the advantage of using 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back