WOAH! $350.00 WAL MART Electric Bicycle

i looked around in phx with no luck. when i asked about them they were rude to me (acted like i am crazy)

Thats a good sized hill :), your lucky to get the last one wal-mart had.

I'm still pricing hub motors, think I found one to order though... I'll post when I get it. (don't want to plug them, seems admins don't like that)

They are availible in stores! SirJakesus siad he saw them at Super Wally in Amheast,NH!

This whole thread is basically a plug for the E-Zip:confused:

I would like to add it has more power than I expected:D

Last edited:
This whole thread is basically a plug for the E-Zip?

I doubt that. This is the one place where I would expect to find an objective review. There ain't nothing wrong with us checking out the new stuff coming to market.

I bet there won't be a WMart within 200 miles of me that has one in stock. Too bad. I'd like to look one over at least. I hope they sell like hotcakes. If the electric bike technology improves, I'd drop gas motors like a lit M-80.

Ozzy, on the WMart site it says that the shipping weight is 81 lbs. Is the bike really that heavy? I put a 25cc two-stroke on an old Schwinn Continental (lead sled) and it's just under 55 lbs. I wouldn't want a bike much heavier than that.
From the pics, I can't make out the drivetrain details. What's the recharging system like?

I saw one this week in the Walmart at Springfield, VA.

I was looking at getting one several months back. They're much cheaper than other electric bikes. I read up as much as I could and found out that they're very heavy. At least 70 lbs.. They have lead acid battery gives the bike limited range. Once they're out of power, pedaling would be tough. You can carry a second battery, but it would be additional weight. I've also heard that the batteries would only take a limited number of charges resulting in having to purchase a replacement every year or two. You can take them off and recharge them inside from an outlet. That means if you commute you can take it inside and charge it at your desk to use on the return trip.

Last edited:
You can order them Site to store from walmart.com. It's definitely worth the money as long as you understand that its an electric assist, not a speedy high end Emoped.
All SLA batteries get up to 500 full discharge/recharge cycles before they have to be replaced. If you don't discharge them fully they'll last quite awhile (just think your car battery).
The bikes frame is wonderfully constructed and the only weak link is the battery technology used. After awhile I'll probably upgrade mine and use lithium batteries in the original currie battery enclosures.
Get one, you won't be disappointed unless you want something that can cruise 25+mph for many miles with no pedaling. Even in my hilly area when pedaling the bike normally without straining I can get 12.5 miles out of a single battery, 25 out of both which is not bad for a whole system that cost around $500. You don't notice the extra weight when the motor is assisting you. It's fun to use for light off-roading too.

This whole thread is basically a plug for the E-Zip:confused:

I know I wrote that in reply to something someone said but I cant see or remember what it was. Maybe after some is kicked out there replies are deleted?:confused:

This whole thread is basically a plug for the E-Zip?

I doubt that. This is the one place where I would expect to find an objective review. There ain't nothing wrong with us checking out the new stuff coming to market.

I bet there won't be a WMart within 200 miles of me that has one in stock. Too bad. I'd like to look one over at least. I hope they sell like hotcakes. If the electric bike technology improves, I'd drop gas motors like a lit M-80.

Ozzy, on the WMart site it says that the shipping weight is 81 lbs. Is the bike really that heavy? I put a 25cc two-stroke on an old Schwinn Continental (lead sled) and it's just under 55 lbs. I wouldn't want a bike much heavier than that.
From the pics, I can't make out the drivetrain details. What's the recharging system like?

I put the second battery on and it weighed 95 lbs. 81 lbs sounds accurate with one. When you have a motor, why is weight so much of a concern? I like the weight its like the Cadillac of bikes. I did run out of juice once when I was goin up Gully hill (mentioned earlier). The last 2 miles was a pain but manageable.

I just reformatted so I lost my pics. Turned out it was just a loose IDE wire. I took these of 2nd motor. It simply hooks up to a 20T left hand freewheel. Put the CD there for scale. See "Currie customer service rocks" thread, I need to update it.

Attachments

• Currie motor.JPG
    Currie motor.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 314
  • Currie motor (1).JPG
    Currie motor (1).JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 303
nice find moondog,

You can always spend the extra cash you saved by checking out some new batteries, or repacking the original case with some upgraded batteries if you feel the need !!!!!!!

Back