MatthewMore

Local time
9:45 AM
sportief-lekker-bikes-retro-vintage-dutch-bike-womens-bicycles-classic-black.jpg
sportief-lekker-bikes-retro-vintage-dutch-bike-womens-bicycles-classic-black.jpg
Has anyone tried to frame mount a womens bicycle? The step-through frame style... cruiser type. i feel like it could have potential to be a much more fitting frame style, for 4-stroke engines, as the engine would mount higher up, to the sloping top tube... Thanks for any input!!

im posting image link of a bicycle at,the top of text that i think would be perfect for a very easy 4 sinkie kit install, as its possible the pedals would not need to be extra wide, because the engine would be higher up. aslo, the engine wouldnt be cramped inbetween the frame, but on top of it instead... thanks!!

Well, the gastank might need a bit of relocation, for fuel to get to the carb you'll need to use a pump or old fashioned gravity, gravity tends to require the tank being mounted above the carb bowl.

I've seen many beach cruisers with enough room for a 2 stroke and a 4 all under the same top tube at the same time, if you still want to do this then go ahead, no problem with it and you'll evade the pedal issue, mind you the higher up you place the engine the better the bike will fall over since the center of gravity will probably outreach what the kickstand can perch.

You'll still have a hot engine between your legs, about 6 inches higher than normal, less a steel tube to help keep your nuts off it, certainly more people would have done this if it didn't make us all so nervous...

all good points! thanks for your input!! id really like to avoid the pedal issue, and i think i could mount the tank on the handle bars or maybe on a rear rack.. your point about the engine being more in your business make me think, though, i need to do some measuring, but i think i would be okay with this, as im young, and very very adapted to bicycling, so i would probably feel plenty comfortable with it.. thanks again!!

I have 2 builds on step thru frames. One with a 100cc Villiers motorcycle engine. I like them. Showcases the engine. However the frames are vintage and therefore much lower than the frame on the bike in the pics. I run the fuel tank behind the seat.
If you are serious about a build of this type pick up a vintage frame off ebay and build around it. They are usually pretty cheap.

Back