Won't idle, but everything else is fine.

• Thread starter Keepthedrivetommy
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no I havent trimmed anything, I dont see what you would trim on the gaskets, they fit the intake and exaust perfectly. The o-ring thing might be the trick though. I'll try it out

Well, no I havent trimmed anything, I dont see what you would trim on the gaskets, they fit the intake and exaust perfectly. The o-ring thing might be the trick though. I'll try it out

These Happy-Time kits vary widely....ours(mine and a few friends) kits had gaskets where the main intake/exhaust holes were to big,they restricted the flow of gasses to and from the engine so with a trimming knife we carefually cut the inside of the gaskets to shape......result...perfect inside diameter fit.
If yours doesn't need trimming that's kewl,all the better for you. :)

Roar engine, roar

awesome!!! I got a little o-ring and put it in the carb, and WHAM BAM it kicked to life, was idling and I got a significant increase in my lower end power. "I think I'll use a lifeline Regis. I'll ask the audience"..."and the audience was right!!!"

Thanks all

This probably doesn't matter for the 2-stroke engine your breaking in now but u might remember this for the future.
When i get my 4-stroke up and running i'll think seriously about it.
If i'm feeling trusting...if i'm feeling brave.....if i'm feeling downright foolhardy.............we'll see. :devilish:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back