Won't start

Hope the new engine works for you.
The reason I inquired about the magnet, is that, as you know, it is slotted for a key so that it goes onto the crankshaft oriented correctly, so as to have correct spark timing. - I once decided to replace my magnet with a new one, and after installing it, even though I had great spark, the thing simply wouldn't start. - No other mods were done prior, and the engine had been running fine.
Out of desperation, I removed the magnet, turned it front to back, and re-installed it. - Success.
Although it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, it seems that installing the magnet front to back altered the timing enough to cause the no-start condition.

Hope the new engine works for you.
The reason I inquired about the magnet, is that, as you know, it is slotted for a key so that it goes onto the crankshaft oriented correctly, so as to have correct spark timing. - I once decided to replace my magnet with a new one, and after installing it, even though I had great spark, the thing simply wouldn't start. - No other mods were done prior, and the engine had been running fine.
Out of desperation, I removed the magnet, turned it front to back, and re-installed it. - Success.
Although it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, it seems that installing the magnet front to back altered the timing enough to cause the no-start condition.
That is strange. It looks the same either way you look at it. Thanks for the tip. I have to remember that one

Use a sharpie and write an O on it before messing around with it.
Put the air cleaner on it. That helps the vacuum pull the fuel into the throat.

Back