Woodruff keys

You wouldn't believe what I'm working on right now I just rebuilt my entire engine all gaskets on the bolts Asian Jesus grinding metal carbon aluminum cut out my own gaskets I did everything and putting it back together no I just got the engine started to be mounted and then I'm going to hook up the electric to cables I'll be up most of the night very happy very scared wish me luck

Here we are so far

Attachments

• 14942140481891899580040.jpg
    14942140481891899580040.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 103
That's absolutely wild.

Mag
Crank
Cog
Sprocket

Each woodruff key is set to serve a different point of interaction through the CNC AutoCAD designer. Like a surgeon has to cut and modify organs.

That's absolutely wild.

Mag
Crank
Cog
Sprocket

Each woodruff key is set to serve a different point of interaction through the CNC AutoCAD designer. Like a surgeon has to cut and modify organs.
There is only two diff keys in these engines one size for the crank and a slightly wider one for the clutch shaft and the cutter used for the keyway is most likely used in a end mill!I fill the original keyway with a weld then chuck it in the lathe and clean it up then put the cutter in the mill and re time my crank 7 degrees retarded! The cutters are available all over the net like this one cheap hss will do a few cuts there are carbide ones that last but they are not cheap like the afore mentioned!

Attachments

• woodruff cutter.jpg
    woodruff cutter.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 97
Back