worked fine last night

i have had for a little over a month driving back and forth from work 5 nights a week and around town during the day about 10 miles a day i guess. 10 to 15 mph crack it open once in awhile. this is about the only real problem i have had with it besides breaking a couple of mounting studs.

Kevin

I received another phone calls in the past 3 days with the exact same failed crank seal symptoms
Both bought from eBay member.( BoyGoFast) .maybe shelf life??

I'm thinking some Spray lubricant could help prevent the Seal from failing ending in a blown motor.
Problem is we would'nt be able to lubricate the internal side of the seal.
I guess spray with Lubricant and spin Crank doing our best to get some lubricant on the internal side.
I see no harm in doing this.
As Benjamin Franklin once said ,,,
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

cheers:)

To all

Bob

BlueCollarBike

Last edited:
i have just ordered new ones from bicycle-engines.

looks to me that there was missing a small washer which caused the halfmoon to grind into the seal.

i have just ordered new ones from bicycle-engines.

looks to me that there was missing a small washer which caused the halfmoon to grind into the seal.

It will not be the easiest job replacing a crank seal after a months use
but you seem to be in good spirits .

I respect that!!:)

Hope all ends well ,I have faith in ya,,

Cheers:)

Bob

BlueCollarBike

boy go fast from what i have heard is a BIG no no heck the name even makes me feel uncomfortable lol but anyways youll get her fixed and when you do she will be better than ever good luck

got my new seals today going to put them on tomarrow after i finish up the little bit of roffing i have to do on the front side of the house that i have been working on all last week, darn rain!!!!!!!!

Hi... Two of us are experiencing the same problem ( I have a Dax motor and my friend has a livefast motor).

How do I get the seals?

And can you provide any instructions / pictures in how to replace them?

I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I might have the same issue. (Dax 50 cc)

My engine is running fine, but it requires choke most of the time. I can run it with no choke when it's warmed up, but I need it on big hills under load. It has the feel of an air leak, but I've sealed up the intake very well.

I kinda hope that I won't need to split the crank-case. Sounds like a hassle. But it would be a good learning experience, I guess.

Back