Working on a Spare Build

inspectorcritic

Local time
1:11 PM
IMG_20190611_150554791.jpg
Working on a spare bike I got so much extras in my bone yard thought s**t may as well use.
I bought this bike for $20.00 used I was look for this type of frame and anticipated paying $320.00 for a rescue bike if mine breaks down and needed to chase parts, hey found out I'm almost crippled light weight maybe 25 lbs still could not pedal 6 mile grade uphill, nearly killed me.

Been a b**ch nothing fits had take out files hacksaw blades to tweak things in on the giant frame.
Still isn't together but I got hungry had take off to get something to maybe tonight I'll have the top end done handle bars I anticipate more problem solving everything used.

So maybe for some don't throw away parts might be able make a spare bought the motor for 10 bucks from a guy just sold his house for $265,000 he's moving and the guy was a bum like me but his mother died left him the house.

Very nice bike, tall as hell though. Looks like it's made for someone 6'6" tall. That wouldn't be a good candidate for a rear FD. The 2 seat stays go into a single pipe that's welded to the seat down tube. It's best if both seat stays go into the seat down tube to help keep the FD support from twisting.

Very nice bike, tall as hell though. Looks like it's made for someone 6'6" tall. That wouldn't be a good candidate for a rear FD. The 2 seat stays go into a single pipe that's welded to the seat down tube. It's best if both seat stays go into the seat down tube to help keep the FD support from twisting.
Ya it does say Giant I'm not sure what you mean though FD?
I got the suspension post all the way down so I can get on it I'm only 5'10" believe me I notice it on this monster.

I was also pleased that I rescued I think 21 gears if my math is correct instead of installing a single speed gear I cut lose the gear controls to the inside of the brakes and clutch. I still have gears of numerous options if I have a break down motor or if I want to pedal assist for a higher speed maybe 50 MPH on a desolate highway.

Back