Worksman bicycle

your not gonna find a disk and caliper (besides off a cycle) that will stop this weight bike w/out eating a disk every 500 mile trust me. These brakes getter Dun'. That front hub doesnt even need assistance on my Works man modified Heavey Duti. The coaster added probably shouldnt be used for 4 mile plus down hill a day by itsself but in the combo on my 69" Oh baby like a Cycle.Mine is a lot lighter but Id find a hub and stick with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought two worksman wheels for my etec electric trike I'm building. I thought i would use rim brakes but found the rims rolled also..I found the hubs to be an inch wider then the sun hubs i planed to use and i like that.. I think these will work perfectly any ways. I plan to use a 8 inch disc brake now from a go cart but have it mounted on the drive shaft. the bike will have solid two wheel drive. ,may turn a little weird but with the power of the etec i will need both driven. A member here turned me on to the worksman wheel. i cant remember who it was but if you read this thanks a million

I have a schwinn heavy duti, very similar to the worksman, very heavy, but not as heavy as me, so i dont think weight is an issue...i still use the mavic double walled alloy rims that came with it, but have since upgraded to an araya drum brake from a tandem bicycle, stops so well i can do an end over end if i am not careful. Tandems often use drum hubs because rim brakes will get too hot with the extra weight...anyway, i think the worksman bikes are very cool....parts from worksman is a nightmare though...tried to buy the wheels once...forget about it.

I can get the wheels in about 5 working days from worksman.. I really like the wheels. Ive been playing with the etek powered trike and the wheels take the abuse great. I even made up a deal that will disengage one of the rear drive wheels when one wants to turn sharp with both rears driven. this thing accelerates like a 400 cc motorcycle at 48 volts :)

Back