Worksman bicycle

S

smitty

Has anybody put a frame mounted engine on a Worksman bicycle? I was wondering how well they fit.

Tight Fit

Hi one of my friends and fellow bike enthusiast in SOCAL Larry, built an older worksman into a SpitFire powered bike, the fit is very close, and the bike is top quality. I MAY have a pic of it somewhere.

Mike

I've never built or ridden one, but isn't that an awful heavy frame for such a little engine? I've seen those pic.s but i've wondered about the power to weight ratio...

They are over built, (so their ads read). A heavy frame will affect performance, but more important to speed and acceleration is the rotating weight. Alloy wheels can help performance quite a bit.

After 4000 miles of the vilest road surfaces ever dignified the term by man, I will not EVER use alloy wheels on a motored bike again. This is merely a personal preference, but I'd recommend steel hoops with .125" stainless spokes.

Motorbikemike
Well I tried to get to your yahoo group but failed several times. I finally gave up in frustration. Thanks for your effort though. Maybe I'll try again later, maybe I can get my kid to help me.

Getting in the Group

Hi I have no way to test this, and since I am group owner, I cannot determine what is available to non-members to see.

However

if you go here www.simpsonmotorbikes.com on my homepage, you will find a hoin link, once you do that I know that you can see all.

Mike

This is just my opinion, but the heavy rigid construction of the Worksman I think would be invaluable. We had hundreds of them in the Shipyard I worked for years ago and they were indestructible. I know with my late Schwinn the frame is light and the bike vibrates a lot. I think it would help if the frame were more solid. The weight I don't think it would be a factor, unless you are using a small engine. And the larger spokes, made to be abused. Mike said the one on the left is the Worksman. Have fun, Dave
PS: I think they are good looking also.
Has anybody put a frame mounted engine on a Worksman bicycle? I was wondering how well they fit.

Attachments

• f536.jpg
    f536.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 854
Last edited by a moderator:
Back