Worksman Cycles Cruiser...anyone have one?

Worksman industrial rider since 3/09

Indeed everything is true. "The Hummer of bicycles". Changed the way I bike forever & I might not be shlepping my Worksman up the mountain of Hawai'i now if I'd gotten a Schwinn Coffee in CT.
:cry: RSVP with motorizing advice :cry:
Worksman told me they offer a $599 electric front hub motor and they could customize it to one of their "Worksman tough" rims but I'd have to sacrifice my drum brake. :rolleyes:

I've ridden an electric. Very smooth & quiet. Performance in the 14-15 mph range. Owner said this 36 volt unit was good for 20-25 minutes on full charge. SLA's are heavy and bulky. At least w/ the Worksman you are supporting an American co. and that, IMO, matters more now than ever. Have to admit that I'm very fond of the Husky HD-105 as a friction drive donor. The alloy wheels use apprx. 12 ga. spokes and have flat vertical rim sides which work nicely w/ v brakes and a mtb shock fork. Toss up right now since I enjoy both bikes much. Believe it or not I can get a better quantity deal on the Worksman! Wayne Sissum at Worksman told me they sell so many bikes to mb'ers they're toying w/ the idea of developing a unit specifically for mb use.

I've ridden an electric. Very smooth & quiet. Performance in the 14-15 mph range. Owner said this 36 volt unit was good for 20-25 minutes on full charge. SLA's are heavy and bulky. At least w/ the Worksman you are supporting an American co. and that, IMO, matters more now than ever. Have to admit that I'm very fond of the Husky HD-105 as a friction drive donor. The alloy wheels use apprx. 12 ga. spokes and have flat vertical rim sides which work nicely w/ v brakes and a mtb shock fork. Toss up right now since I enjoy both bikes much. Believe it or not I can get a better quantity deal on the Worksman! Wayne Sissum at Worksman told me they sell so many bikes to mb'ers they're toying w/ the idea of developing a unit specifically for mb use.

Hi,

When did you speak with Wayne at Worksman?

FYI:

I visited the Worksman Factory just before this past Thanksgiving, and I was told that there has been rumors that worksman would be making a frame for motorized bicycles for DECADES, and it NEVER going to happen, due to LIABILITY ISSUES.

I hope they change their mind.

Hi 'chopper', I spoke w/ Wayne end of Octoberish. Sales talk (lil bit o' BS) may have been the case there. He DID give me a bonafide quote and mentioned that many Worksmans' are used for mb's. 'Toying" with or discussing the idea is FAR from actually persuing it. Your report makes sense as everything these days seems to be potentially litagatory.

Hi 'chopper', I spoke w/ Wayne end of Octoberish. Sales talk (lil bit o' BS) may have been the case there. He DID give me a bonafide quote and mentioned that many Worksmans' are used for mb's. 'Toying" with or discussing the idea is FAR from actually persuing it. Your report makes sense as everything these days seems to be potentially litagatory.

Yes, thats what I was told first hand, from the horses mouth.

Lance Portnoff owns Design Logic bikes, and sells frame only, specifically made for 4s subaru and honda engines.

then you have grbee gt1 and gt2 chinese bicycles, made for motorization.

:)

Back