Worksman front drum brake ?

Also if anyone can find the In-line version plz let me know. I wonder if I can use the brake curved model on Worksman drums?

I just checked where I bought mine 14 years ago, Their out and don't know when they will get some more.
I'll search and if I find any I'll let ya know. Now that the In Line style is hard to find I want to P/U some more.

I'm sure the *90 style will work, It's just a matter of mounting the dam thing and cable alignment.
Good Luck let us know what ya come up with.

I was lookin at the travel agent ...also I wonder if just one pulley would work?..like this..I guess it would do less than half of what travel agent does.
Sheldon Brown says it will work and Double cable pull. Good to know

Sheldon also says to avoid using the smaller pulley on the Problem Solvers Travel Agent. Because it will cause early brake cable failure
I have noticed that too. That's why I change my brake cables every year before it happens.

I have 2 Travel Agents coming on the Chinese express. 14 bucks each on amazon..10 bucks on flea bay. I think a may just take wheel and The adjuster off and use like above photo. Sturmey archer pully or a screen door wheel can also be used.

Let us know if ya got to modify anything on the Worksman Wheel
Did you find the In Line Style Travel Agent? Got a link?

If ya have never used one they can be a little tricky at first. But once ya figure it out changing cables is a snap.
That's another good thing about using the Travel Agent as designed. You wont have to readjust your brake cable after changing a flat tire. With 2 x the cable pull it gives you enough cable slack. Same with the Style Sheldon recommends.

I bought a couple of the *90 degree, I bought them for the pulley wheels. The Wheels are aluminum and the little hole that transfers the cable from the small pulley to the larger pulley can easily get damaged if your not careful with removing an old cable.

gotcha thanks ! Ya I have the inverted levers so I need a lot more pull. Plus my bike is heavy and fast. Also got some 2mm braid cables.If this don’t work I’ll shed a few tears. Then I May have to go disc 😹.

gotcha thanks ! Ya I have the inverted levers so I need a lot more pull. Plus my bike is heavy and fast. Also got some 2mm braid cables.If this don’t work I’ll shed a few tears. Then I May have to go disc 😹.
I think it will work. You wont be able to lock up the brakes and skid. Worksman Drum Brakes will never stop like a modern M/C.
Worksman says not to sand the glaze off the shoes. They work better with age that's what I've noticed. I did not sand the Glaze off the shoes but I sanded the inside of the drum once when it was new. Keep your cable housings like new. That thin Bicycle Cable housing likes to flex with age. Cables have to work smooth for Worksman Drum brakes to work any good
I never tried A heavy M/C cable that might be all's you need. The cable Worksman sells for their Drum Brakes is thick like a M/C cable.

Alloy rims with 12g max on the front is best. Those steel rims are better for heavy load applications like food carts and utility bikes where rim weight and riding performance isn’t a big deal.
I have the alloy Worksman because of weight . I’m sure the 12g could handle it just fine also

Back