Worksman Rims on Whizzer

Avanti Powered

Local time
10:55 AM
Question for those of you that have installed Worksman (drum brake-equipped) rims on their new edition Whizzer's.

I've noticed that the fork mounting bracket is bent so it will not fit between the forks (unless the forks are spread a 1/4") and it is too short to reach the attaching bolt thread on the fork. How have you guys dealt with these issues?

uc

uc

uc

I made my own bracket
You will have to drill a couple holes in the Worksman brake arm. Don't use aluminum flat bar it will bend. Use a thick steel Flat bar.
I made my bracket bar out of galvanized fencing flat bar it's nice and thick. You'll have to put a slight S bend in the flat bar to get it to line up It must line up perfectly and put no side pressure on the Worksman brake arm or your brakes might not work 100%
Others have taken the brake arm off the Whizzer wheel and adapted that to the Worksman wheel. I don't know how to do that I didn't try

DSCF0782.JPG
DSCF0783.JPG

Last edited:
OH, ya might have to make your own wheel spacers to get the Worksman wheel to line up center and put no unwanted spread or compression of the Whizzer forks where the wheel fits.

Thanks! I was looking at what "Fossil" did on his '06 and it looks like he adapted the original drum brake arm onto the Worksman arm. I can't see how he could avoid spreading out the forks to accommodate the bend in the Worksman arm. Seems like would cause a lot of stress on the fork.

WorksmanBrake3.JPG
WorksmanBrake3.JPG

Last edited:
For one thing I didn't want ruin a good Whizzer wheel by steeling the brake arm off it.
The Whizzer Front Drum Brake Wheel is a good wheel and the Brakes work good.
Not quite sure how they adapted it but Whizzer USA used to explain to people how to do it.
If ya want to go that route, ask Fossil or Quenton Guenthor how its done.
It's a lot easier to just make your own bracket and slap it on.

How did you handle the speedometer bracket? I noticed that the tabs line up but it does not sit flush against the drum. Is there another bracket available which works better for the Worksman drum?

Attachments

• Speedometer1.jpg
    Speedometer1.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 176
OK here are some pictures, I just happen to have an extra front wheel hanging up in the garage to show ya.
As you can see on the inside of the spedo gear there is the bearing nut and a lock nut, On the out side of the spedo gear it's doubled nutted. Adjust it so ya have just enough for the spedo gear to spin. I was lucky and had extra nuts in my garage that were thin enough to fit. You might be able to order some thin nuts from Worksman Cycles or at Ace Hardware. If all else fails and ya can't find the correct thin nuts, ya might have to shave down some thicker nuts thinner. The spacing is kinda important so your front wheel is centered.

Attachments

• DSCF0791.JPG
    DSCF0791.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCF0795.JPG
    DSCF0795.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCF0796.JPG
    DSCF0796.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCF0797.JPG
    DSCF0797.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I just checked the wheel on my bike, you can see I had to use a washer in between the two thin nuts so I would have a correctly centered wheel. I also used blue lock tight on the nuts so the stay put where I want them.
Good Luck, I know you'll come up with something good that will work for you.

Attachments

• DSCF0798.JPG
    DSCF0798.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 206
Thought this Measurement might help. Don't know if ya can make heads or tails out of the Pic.
Oil the spedo gear assembly. I cleaned it up after I took this pic

Attachments

• DSCF0800.JPG
    DSCF0800.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
All's I did to the brake side was add 1 washer
I remember it was a little tricky to get the side to side spacing correct. Hope this info helps
Just a reminder, Get the wheel to fit as perfect as you can. Ya don't want to squeeze the forks together when ya tighten up the wheel nuts and ya don't want to spread the forks when ya put the wheel in. This will cause the fork seals to fail.

Attachments

• DSCF0829.JPG
    DSCF0829.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Back