Worksman Rims on Whizzer

I didn't mean to make the hardware sound confusing. It's been so long since I put my wheel on I don't remember the exact hardware the wheel came with I think you should have everything you need except one washer and one thin nut.

Thanks for the help. So how did you handle the sheave brackets on the rear Worksman rim?

20200405_222832.jpg

Centering the sheave is not too hard but takes patients.
With a tape measure center the sheave as best you can and mount the rear wheel on the bike with rear belt off.
A dial indicator tool would be helpful. See Pic. If ya don't have one you can mark a stick and tape it to a fixed spot on the frame. As you turn the wheel the sheave edge (where the belt goes) should be at the marked spot on the stick. Loosen or tighten the sheave mounting bolts as you go and tap the high or low spots with a rubber mallet to center the sheave. This method will get the sheave very close. Next with you indicator stick still taped to the frame put the rear belt on and take the front primary belt off so the wheel spins freely. You'll be ably to see the clutch spring bouncing where the sheave is still not centered perfect. Now you can fine tune the sheave using the rubber mallet like before. Good Luck it takes patients. When a Whizzer mechanic installed the sheave he had a special alignment tool that he just slapped on and it aligned the sheave for him You'll get it centered, it might take a hour. It is important to have a almost perfectly centered sheave. Because the out of roundness will put uneven belt pressure on the clutch and crank and can cause serious problems down the road.

Pic of a Dial Indicator tool

Attachments

• DSCF0978.JPG
    DSCF0978.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Oh, I almost forgot, Ya need to modify the mounting brackets. it will only line up with one spoke. So your gonna have to grind a notch in the mounting bracket for the other spoke.
DSCF0982.JPG

Last edited:
OK, here are some more pic I thought might help.
Taping to the frame and marking the Indicator Stick.
Your first gonna have to make a good guess at the mark. As you get it close you will be able to dial it in.
DSCF0984.JPG

3 3/4" sheave to rim edge
DSCF0985.JPG

Last edited:
Back