Worst falls/fails

DieselTech

Local time
11:13 PM
Was just curious if any of you had any a epic falls/fails in the MB life? Mine was a couple months ago, riding along a brand new redone black top road, of soo nice & smooth. When 2 cars approached from both directions, & i moved over to edge of highway riding along when the edge of new blacktop highway caved away at 30mph! Well I went rolling & rubbing down the highway, both cars slammed on brakes, yelling to call ambulance. I was fine other than road rash & pride, felt embarrassed as hell even thou not my fault & certainly not my only fall/fail.

on a dirt bike, I was king with my non racer friends. I sucked potato juice compared to my racer friends. Anyway, they all rode 250's 2t or bigger. I rode a 125. Open road and area's, they whooped me like a dead horse in the derby. In the trails, they couldn't touch me, part the bike, part the guys that raced that had me ride with them while they trained. Was as close as my dad let me get to any racing, so I jumped on it. One day we are out in the city trails. Illegal at that time, now a paid site, because we gone ride where we gone ride. lol. It's a great spot of sand, mud, hills, woods, open, a whole mix right by the river. So I was always first off the trailer, and last on, I got a head start in the open to the trails that day. They were right behind me eating my mud. We got to the trails, I'm zooming, going just as far as my skills could take me. I'm in the lead to the first open and trail split. Here comes the dense windy woods, my fav part of the start of these trails. I'm winding through, and come around a u bend to a snake down hill. When low and behold, 25 yards or so in front of me is a tree hanging chest height on the trail. I didn't see it right away because I was looking behind me for fear they were gaining on me. I turned around just in time to mouth " censored" and wham!! right in my chest. bike kept going and jumped off the trail and stopped. I stopped right there, rolled off the trail. The proceeded to watch my buddy do the same thing, but he almost got some tires on him. lol. I laid there trying not to laugh, it hurt like " censored". I had a bruise across my chest for about 3 months. What saved us from any real injury, our parent forced us to wear full gear and real helmet's, or no riding. I was always more aware of my surroundings after that. Man if it wasn't for the thick annoying vest my dad made me wear, I'd probably have broken some ribs.

I just posted my experience in the previous thread tonight

I did something incredibly stupid on my Ugly Briggs Bike- I was buzzing along one our main roads, and they had a section along the right, roped off for curbing, using flashing road markers tied together with caution tape. About 200' long and about 15 of the markers... A car cut me off, and in a panic (my brake sucked) I had to cut through the caution tape, which I thought would just snap- NOPE! It held, and drug all the lighted markers, one by one, down the road with me like a wedding dress train until I could fully stop! Took me forever to untangle that crud out of the wheels and set all of those markers back up! (That's also my entire career as a Road Crew Construction Engineer!)

I did something incredibly stupid on my Ugly Briggs Bike- I was buzzing along one our main roads, and they had a section along the right, roped off for curbing, using flashing road markers tied together with caution tape. About 200' long and about 15 of the markers... A car cut me off, and in a panic (my brake sucked) I had to cut through the caution tape, which I thought would just snap- NOPE! It held, and drug all the lighted markers, one by one, down the road with me like a wedding dress train until I could fully stop! Took me forever to untangle that crud out of the wheels and set all of those markers back up! (That's also my entire career as a Road Crew Construction Engineer!)
Now you need to contact the labor board for the state failing to pay you for your time working road construction. Lol

Was riding the shoulder on a two-lane highway. Cheap kit throttle got stuck open, so I panicked and yanked the brake lever as hard as I could, making it start fishtailing. And right before I figured out it'd probably be a good idea to mash the kill button right about now, the front wheel hit the curb and I got sent careening over the bars. Landed face first in a patch of dirt. Didn't break or bruise anything, but I was really really thankful I had my helmet and gloves on.

Back