Worst subject in HS

darwin

English was always my worst subject, I think a C was my best grade in it. I hated it and never really applied my self at it. Other subjects I did rather well at. English rules, spelling I just sucked at. If you don't see me writing longass posts maybe you know why now. I'm also a 1 fingered typist, LOL. Thank God for spell check.

heligonka

English was always my worst subject, I think a C was my best grade in it. I hated it and never really applied my self at it. Other subjects I did rather well at. English rules, spelling I just sucked at. If you don't see me writing longass posts maybe you know why now. I'm also a 1 fingered typist, LOL. Thank God for spell check.
Oh......the "HS" meant high school, and not Hua Sheng....blah blah blah....I get it now. Well, I've heard a great many people chant that poem, and I believe 'em.

try 1897

I was a football player in HS and English sucked for me . The rule was you had to have a C to be eligible to play. The coach would see to it that the starting line up all had passing grades. At the same time long hair could bench you or get you kicked off the team. I was a first string player and the only hippie on the team. Tom 1969 grad

FurryOnTheInside

English. I just couldn't do creative writing (undiagnosed Aspie). Idk how anyone could do it, inspiration doesn't work on demand! I got an A* in the exam but it didn't count.

Last edited:

The_Aleman

English was always my worst, too. I'm a self-educated mild Aspie with a somewhat eidetic memory, and have always been a voracious reader and good speller, but absolutely proper English syntax is just beyond me on demand lol. I do okay much of the time because lotsa reading, but when it gets down to it, too many rules that I can't retain in my head because I just don't care about em. English gets mad technical. I'm no genius, never did better than 128 in any IQ test I've tried, if there's stock to be put in em. Was fair beyond simple math at one time, but calculators are so readily available now. Pretty sure a middle school kid would school me on algebra right now.

I was supposed to be high school class of 1994, but I left school early to learn to program and operate CNC Lasers for my family's business in it's infancy and got my GED in 1995. My best subject in high school was PE, always been a natural athlete.

Will'smotobikes19

Hey I’m an aspie too. Motorized bikes is my “fixated hobby” I guess you could say. I have a problem where I think of different types of motors and can’t stay on one project. One day I’ll think of something and the next day it’s something else then I just wonder if I should be saving for a name brand motorcycle. I’ve had 3 different engines on my beach cruiser and I’m now going back to the original 79cc after some tweaks (if I feel like working on it).

The_Aleman

I only got into these ~2005 because I'm trying to save my knees lol. Growing up, I pedaled anywhere and everywhere! My first 3 years of high school were spent on my beloved old 1980s-era Diamond Back MTB, had 32K on it's 3rd odometer when I got a car halfway through my senior year of HS.

After at least a quarter million miles of pedaling, it's nice to have a bit of help! Plus, I don't look good in lycra.

Frogslayer

If you want a name brand motorcycle for cheap look in the north during the winter. I scooped up an 80 goldwing 1100 for $500, from a Honda dealer lol! Works great i put 7k on it last year. My brother in law got an 83 Yamaha maxim 400 for $300 off Craig's list. It did need work and $80 worth of parts but still. If you don't get one before spring keep your eyes open this fall. They are out there.

CrazyDan

Looks like we have found our common link, we are all ass pies lol. I was excellent nearly all subjects, but creative writing hates me. Nothing I could think of was good enough to put on paper, so it would take me hours to write a 45 minute essay... That eventually got me booted out of the "gifted and talented education" english. Was still in GATE on all my other courses till I dropped out. Stupid writers block... Thank God I tested in high enough at college to not have to touch a single english course till masters.

The_Aleman

I thought our common link was to be crazy enough to ride around on one of these things? LOL :D

Too bad schools don't hand out awards for "Creative English While Riding".
Cagers often bring out the best of profane adjectives from riders.