Would a 24mm carburetor be too big?

Impossworld

Local time
4:04 PM
I have the Zeda DIO Reed cylinder and I saw a carburetor on Amazon that would look great with my bike and is the “newer” version of the OKO and I was wondering if it would be fine to put it on? I have a 21mm OKO on there right now there and it’s running pretty good, although a tad rich because I was stupid and listened to people saying to drill out the hole on the bottom of my carb and am going to have to change it anyway… so for about the same price as the one that I have originally why not get one that could potentially give me more performance and look better? I’m still new to this new set up and big carbs so I’m not too sure if the 24mm would be too big or what…?
Here is the link to the carburetor: PWK 24mm Carburetor https://a.co/d/9GwQZHo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 93
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

I have a 21mm OKO on there right now there and it’s running pretty good,
I saw a carburetor on Amazon that would look great with my bike and is the “newer” version of the OKO and I was wondering if it would be fine to put it on?
If it's running good then why bother, especially since it may not run as good once you change it over???...Just because it "would look great" with your bike???

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If it's running good then why bother, especially since it may not run as good once you change it over???...Just because it "would look great" with your bike???
Hey sorry for the lack of detail in my question, I edited the thread and added a little bit more information about my situation, I’m going to be changing the carb because yes, it does run goodbut I think it is running a tad bit too rich as I have my idle set screw basically turned all the way out- I might as well take the damn thing out- to have it idle good and from what I have read and heard that means you need a smaller pilot jet and I have a 30 pilot in there right now and i don’t have any smaller so… I guess that’s what happens when you drill out a 1.5mm hole in the bottom of your carb without thinking first… I’m just trying to figure out for about the same price give or take should I just go for the 24mm and possibly gain performance from it because it claims to be “newer”? Or would it be too big for the application? Thanks for the help. :)

Hey sorry for the lack of detail in my question, I edited the thread and added a little bit more information about my situation, I’m going to be changing the carb because yes, it does run goodbut I think it is running a tad bit too rich as I have my idle set screw basically turned all the way out- I might as well take the damn thing out- to have it idle good and from what I have read and heard that means you need a smaller pilot jet and I have a 30 pilot in there right now and i don’t have any smaller so… I guess that’s what happens when you drill out a 1.5mm hole in the bottom of your carb without thinking first… I’m just trying to figure out for about the same price give or take should I just go for the 24mm and possibly gain performance from it because it claims to be “newer”? Or would it be too big for the application? Thanks for the help. :)
Yes you might gain power, but it will be on the top side of your rpm's. Your low end power/torque might fall off a bit. If you buy a new carb, might as well purchase the needed jets as well.

There is such a thing as too much carburetor. Using carb size to try and chase power leads to potential running issues/finicky carb tuning that needs constant tweaking to get it to run right and stay running right. Power should be ideally found via port work and a proper pipe first. You would be surprised at the kind of power the dinky little 14mm carbs some of these engines come with can support. Case in point - Phantom 85s with a stock exhaust and Bofeng carburetor have no problem hitting 40-50mph and pulling strong through the RPM range.

So you think getting a bigger carb will make it run leaner? I bet it would if you soldered up the jet and drilled a .001 hole. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't buy yourself more issues, unless you like trouble, then knock yourself out.

Would a carb from a gy6 50 cc to work on thee china girls?
Lets Please keep this on the OPs question first, before we branch out to other carburetors not related to the one he wants to use.

Please start a new thread of your own @ismellnownlatters if this is a carby that YOU are considering using in the future.

If it is just a general question, then also start your own new thread as you are still trying to acquire knowledge that is not related to @Impossworld immediate need to get his bike going again.

Back