Would it work or not

Juicyjayocean

Local time
11:27 PM
Using a bike that has rear shocks like a black canyon or Schwinn midtown where the shock is behind the seat post I think the chain might fall off when you hit a bump but the clearance is good

Sounds dangerous I wonder if it would bottom out the bike with the pull of take off

I'm not an expert by any means but it looks to me like the distance from the sprocket and the engine would stay the same. Motorcycles have swing arms with rear suspension and their chains don't fall off or break. Also I wouldn't think the pedal side would change tension.

Worse case I would think a jackshaft kit would work if the pedals were in the swing arm to resolve the distance issue.

As far as I know, you can't use the in-frame traditional motorized bike kit with a rear suspension frame bike unless you are jackshafting. I have no knowledge further.

It can be done! Just need to use a good spring loaded chain tensioner. Then make sure spring tensioner is in center line of swing arm pivot/shock pivot. Yes it could be a lil more unsafe if not approached/built right. I'd bet your butt will thank you when completed. Plush ride!🤣😂🤣

Back