Would like to hear from active riders in TX

S

sabrewalt

Hi, Any of the active riders in Texas have experience with police, laws, etc. regarding 50cc and under assist type bikes? I have not had a second look on my Ebike but it is very stealthy and or people are just not very observant.

hey turbo here local shop in texas here of Gaijin production i have no problems at all here in college station TX

just got done building a speed bike with mtb handle bars and stock is doing 40+ on a type d 65cc need any thing call 979-402-0523

got a ebike coming that will do 45mph and go 35mil on one charge with horn lights turn signals you name it the works and is still a bike

The only problem I have had is the DPS trooper chasing me down to look at my bike. I live out in the country and he knows me and where I live. He had see the bike at the Allsups and just wanted to look it over. As far as the city cops go, what EXACTLY are you going to do to a 6-2 , 270 ball headed guy riding a bicycle. Its live and let live out on the Giant Side of Texas

The only problem I have had is the DPS trooper chasing me down to look at my bike. I live out in the country and he knows me and where I live. He had see the bike at the Allsups and just wanted to look it over. As far as the city cops go, what EXACTLY are you going to do to a 6-2 , 270 ball headed guy riding a bicycle. Its live and let live out on the Giant Side of Texas

You gotta lay off those Allsup's burritos.:cool:

City ordinance

http://www.ci.watauga.tx.us/Main/scootersafety.htm

Motor assisted scooter shall have the same meaning assigned by Texas Transportation Code Section 551.301(2), as it exists or may be amended, and includes a self-propelled device with at least two wheels in contact with the ground during operation; a braking system capable of stopping the device under typical operating conditions; a gas or electric motor forty (40) cubic centimeters or less; a deck designed to allow a person to stand or sit while operating the device; and the ability to be propelled by human power alone.

Section 3.
It is unlawful for any adult to operate or ride a motor assisted scooter on any public way or public property for which the posted speed limit is more than thirty-five (35) miles per hour. The motor assisted scooter may cross a road or a street at an intersection where the road or street to be crossed has a posted speed of more than thirty-five (35) miles per hour.

haha, sure.. not too common these days to get a welcome online, usually its just a nameless world.

not too common these days to get a welcome online

and that, my friend, is why it is possibly NOT a nerd thing...i saw your intro, mind yer manners.

Ive read over texas state laws and my interpretation is that as long as it is under 40 cc's then you are ok if you are riding safely according to bike traffic laws. This link has some great info, but also check out your local laws.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/msb/pages/Electric.htm
That's pretty clear cut and easy to understand. Only problem is that 40cc thing since most gas engine kits are a minimum 49cc.

Back