would this bike work? - motor mount - pics

yeah, a 2-clamp version of tirebiter's setup, front & rear, would make for a nice vib-free setup and no twisting under torque, gonna have to look into that modification :)

yes...do the same set-up on the rear mount......solid & vibration free!

or should I have said "DITTO" lol

sk8freek don't feel like you've got to buy a new bike. If you dig around you may be able to find a quality used one that has more character. Plus a new bike from walmart may not hold up very long, but a rebuilt/well cared for old bike could potentially be higher quality and be a better long term investment.

i agree with what ethan says. being as though we work in a bicycle shop, we find things more often, but there are still things out there. we've had customers come away from yard sales and goodwills with nice cheap bikes. of course, there is more trash than treasure there, so be choosy. always make sure when looking at used (and new bikes from wal-mart, target, etc.) that you make sure that the frame is square. stand behind and in front of the bike and make sure that it's straight, front to back. on used bikes also, look behind the front fork where it meets the actual bike frame. if you see wrinkles in the downtube, don't buy it! i've seen a LOT of older bikes come through the shop with bent frames. another tell tale sign of a bend in that spot, is cracks in the paint on the top tube behind the stem (goose neck for you old timers). it might kind of look like stretch marks in the paint. use your common sense and better judgement and you'll most likely be okay.

well i found a bike that i think the engin will fit and it has a all aluminum frame so it should be really light. heres the link

41_bikeframe02_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well....the chinese engine will match the chinese frame I guess. You may have to standoff that front/downtube mount a bit.
I, again, wouldn't recommend coaster brakes.
Seems a bit pricey though. If I was to say much else I'd start repeating my earlier post...

i have been looking for a used bike that i like but i have had no luck. that is why i was looking at new bikes. also if i got that bike i would take the coaster brakes off and replace them with hand brakes.

It may be significantly easier to start with a bike with rim brakes rather than remove a coaster and make the switch; you stand a very good chance of run ning into alot of problems that way.

That looks good to me I have a beach cruser and it seems like the motor and bike where made for each other .....I prefer the cruser break to the hand break but then I had a hand break bend up and break when I had to do a panic stop courtisy of a SUV I have never had trouble with the cruser break( over 3,000 miles) but then agen that is the type of break I learnd on when I was a little girl.

Now when the hub breaks get cheep enough I want to try one of those.

Cookie

do you think the engine would fit because the front tube looks ferther away from the tube that goes up to the seat.

Back